Worse than a two y.o.....

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
….sighhhh...Amy of course. Both kids reside in the living room next to the bay window. Everyone knows I have given up on Amy wanting to be on BB's roof top. NOW he is in to something else to try my patients :mad:
I keep the vacuum under the coffee table..one of those canister types. I use it multiple times a day cleaning up their messes,and instead of "putting it back where it belongs :54:" that's where it stays (0k I'm lazy too I guess) Now when Mr. Green Sleeves goes to visit Beebs,he goes under the coffee table,chews on the electrical cord( USED to keep it plugged in!),picking it up trying to throw it around, and/or bangs his beakie/munches away on the hose :mad: His new shtick to p.m.r.o.
So now it's in the living room closet..Why do they do these things???lol.

Jim

Last edited:

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I use their naughty behavior to get them to play with new toys! I plan e toys in hard to get to areas but not to hard, a d let them discover them and think they are destroying something they shouldn't lol!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
One of the primary responsibilities of an Amazon is to drive their Human staff NUTS! Clearly, Amy has been getting class honors of late!

Love the idea of semi-hiding toys!!! Great tool for out and about Parrots!

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

I use their naughty behavior to get them to play with new toys! I plan e toys in hard to get to areas but not to hard, a d let them discover them and think they are destroying something they shouldn't lol!

That's an excellent idea Laura! David says I used to yell at him for climbing Beebs house and now I don't...so he's figured out another way to get me riled lol.

Jim

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
He's just reminding you that vacuum cleaners go in the closet by demonstrating the hazards present in the environment that particular vacuum lives in...he's looking out for it's best interest, what a hero!

hahahaha :D There ya go Jim. How's that for an explanation. ..lol

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Keeps us staff on our toes. Seems we need retraining [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToMang07

Jul 14, 2015
Maine, USA
Parrots
Willow the Umbrella Cockatoo
I hear you... Willow has decided she likes the (negative) attention she gets when she goes for the cord to her heated perch now.

-.-

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
It's amazing to me, how much money I spend on chew toys for Levi. And he insists on heading straight towards ANYTHING & EVERYTHING that can cause him harm.
SMH, as to why I spend the money on toys. His fave things to chew up are syringes (Brand New Of Course), Q-Tips and the cardboard egg cartons. I add a treat to the carton for him to forage. He is obsessed with Solo cups. If he sees a Solo cup he is instantly in attack mode. I have to hide them. He'll even fly on me to get to the cup I'm drinking from. At times, I don't see him coming & he scares me.... :D It's Nuts!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Must be something in the air! Perhaps a concerted effort to doom the humans before the holidays?

Kiwi has been especially mischievous lately too, getting into things he shouldn’t. Knocked a whole cup of pens over on my desk the other day and proceeded to start gleefully tossing them on the floor:eek: And just yesterday afternoon, I was vacuuming around his cage area and kind of crouched down in order to reach some hard to reach spots behind the cage when I felt a rather forceful thump on the top of my head, followed by a loud “weeeeeet” noise. He whacked me in the head with the hook of his beak and made a battle cry:mad: Or, at least, I did not interpret that as a friendly action:green::confused:

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Must be something in the air! Perhaps a concerted effort to doom the humans before the holidays?

Kiwi has been especially mischievous lately too, getting into things he shouldn’t. Knocked a whole cup of pens over on my desk the other day and proceeded to start gleefully tossing them on the floor:eek: And just yesterday afternoon, I was vacuuming around his cage area and kind of crouched down in order to reach some hard to reach spots behind the cage when I felt a rather forceful thump on the top of my head, followed by a loud “weeeeeet” noise. He whacked me in the head with the hook of his beak and made a battle cry:mad: Or, at least, I did not interpret that as a friendly action:green::confused:

Pulling papers from Amys mansion I have to crouch down also,as he sits on a perch observing,and if I'm not careful I'll get a big THUMP on my head also :mad:

Jim

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey

Pulling papers from Amys mansion I have to crouch down also,as he sits on a perch observing,and if I'm not careful I'll get a big THUMP on my head also :mad:

Jim

Jim or a good helping of boon. [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PickleMeDickles

May 17, 2015
Southern California
Parrots
SassyByrd (DYH Amazon) JoJo (GCC) Betty (GCC) DEARLY LOVED fids lost to “Teflon Disaster� 12/17 RIP Pickles (GC),RIP Winston (Sun), RIP Lady PLEASE TAKE 5 MINUTES &TOSS OUT ALL YOUR TEFLON NOW!
I just bought a brand new spanking friggin expensive vacuum cleaner. Day 6 Sassy (with her literal new found flight skills) used it as a perch and it now sports a through and through crack right down the handle. Heated perch thing, clipped entirely through the wire without killing herself, keyboards too many to count, 1 printer ruined, many many extension wires. And it happens with unbelievable speed. When she killed my new vacuum, she was "supposedly" sleeping on the top of her play pen. If she wasn't sleeping she would have been screaming her head off to be closer to her people. But now that she has learned to fly (a whole 3 days) she has already developed stealth mode to secretly search and destroy whatever is new or valued.

Most Reactions

Latest posts