yaheetech cages help

jpm252cc

Feb 3, 2016
hello while searching the web i was looking at cages and came across this yaheetech tech the cages are cheap maybe a reason why anyway i was looking at the cage info and they seem to be ok seem to be safe just wanted to check in and see what others thought about these cages if they think there safe and would recomend i would be putting two conures in them. thank you for all of youre opinions on this it would be greatly appreciated

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
hello while searching the web i was looking at cages and came across this yaheetech tech the cages are cheap maybe a reason why anyway i was looking at the cage info and they seem to be ok seem to be safe just wanted to check in and see what others thought about these cages if they think there safe and would recomend i would be putting two conures in them. thank you for all of youre opinions on this it would be greatly appreciated

I would inquire as to the metal---if it isn't made in the US, there is heightened risk of lead/zinc/copper etc in the metal."Wrought iron" alone isn't enough to know whether a cage is safe in terms of metals (as wrought iron is an alloy, and an alloy is a mix of metals---which could include zinc, copper, nickel, lead etc). The contents of the powder coating and/or paint also matter.
It may be a bit of a process to get this information, but it will be worth it in the long run.
There are lots of cages on the market that contain unsafe metals---people just aren't aware of them all the time.

You need to find out what the contents of the alloy (AKA, wrought iron) actually are.

It can be an obnoxious process, as they will likely say things like "Our cages have been safely sold for years" or "Our cage is wrought iron", or "I am looking at a list and it says "wrought iron", I see no mention of lead, zinc or copper"-------THAT DOESN'T ANSWER THE QUESTION (you need to know what is in the iron and they will have to do some research themselves in order to tell you in 99.9% of cases.

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Can’t help but wonder why this thread from early 2017 has been resurrected...?

Most Reactions