Yay!!!!

carrielee

Apr 29, 2013
Parrots
I have just put a deposit on a baby sun conure and he/she will come home with me in a couple of months, if not sooner!!!! I am so excited :)
My baby is home already! I didn't realize conures were so goofy! I picked him up Saturday and he's such a character! He doesn't like paper in his cage so he will hang upside down and pick up seeds off the paper! Earlier today he was on the back of my chair and was attempting to climb between the wall and chair..LOL.. it was too funny! At first I thought something was wrong because he looked like he fell over on his back, then I realized what he was doing :)
Here is a pic. Ill create an album to put the rest in :) (He isn't as yellow as he appears in this pic, my flash was on)

Attachments

• 288.jpg
    288.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 270

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Congrats on your new feathered friend.....you don't plan to use bedding for him, do you...in a nesting situation & raising chicks it may be OK, if it's changed every couple of days, but in a cage with adult birds, it can easily pose a problem.....water gets splashed, food gets thrown around & that all adds up to an excellent breeding ground for mold.....

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
Congrats. He'll keep you entertained forever :)

Just put the paper under the grating at bottome of cage. Usually there is a tray there so you can slide it out and change the paper regularly.

OP
C

carrielee

Apr 29, 2013
Parrots
I have just put a deposit on a baby sun conure and he/she will come home with me in a couple of months, if not sooner!!!! I am so excited :)
.you don't plan to use bedding for him, do you.....
No, I use paper and always have for any bird I've ever had.
He is on a seed diet that the shop owner has her birds on. She puts cereal and dried bananas and cheetos (not too many tho) in it also and they told me a pellet diet isn't as good for them but everywhere I look I am seeing the opposite. What IS the best option for them? I was also told that I should feed him ALMOST anything I eat as a good staple of his diet... He loves grapes also.

OP
C

carrielee

Apr 29, 2013
Parrots
What a gorgeous little bird!
Thanks! I've never known a bird quite like him.. he is a character and a half! Still need a name that will suit him but I am so lost on that right now! Maybe it will come to me soon enough :):orange:

SolarCat

May 6, 2013
PA USA
Parrots
Sunshine (Pineapple Green Cheek Conure)
What an adorable bird. <3

I've never known a bird quite like him.. he is a character and a half! Still need a name that will suit him but I am so lost on that right now! Maybe it will come to me soon enough :):orange:

I think when you find the right name, you will know.
My Pineapple GCC was named "Cinna" before I got her. I didn't know what to name her, but I knew I had to change her name! And then she just looked at me the way she does, head cocked to the side with her cute little questioning "chirirp!" and she made me smile. And that's when I knew I was going to name her "Sunshine," because she really is my ray of Sunshine.

When the right name comes, you'll know!

OP
C

carrielee

Apr 29, 2013
Parrots
Thanks SolarCat! I hope so :) He is too sweet to NOT have a name! I thought about Twizzle but Im not sure it suits him too well. I like the name Petrie, but then I think of a petrie dish..lol....uugghhhh!!! Idk.... As I'm sitting here typing this, he is chewing his perch in half and Ivan the Terrible came to mind..LOL....

MissTaz

May 11, 2013
Utah
Parrots
Rory ~ A male turquoise green cheek conure ~ Hatched 02-12-2013
Thank you for your post, I thought I was the only one with at silly conure. Mine is so funny and has so much personality. She loves to lay on her back and have her belly rubbed and her toes tickled she also likes to lay on your chest then roll down you like it's a slide

Most Reactions