Yeah...

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
Gosh, Victoria, you have NO idea how hard it is for me to see and drool over your magnificent snakes! I'm purposely 'trying' to not open them up or look for too long. I've been wanting a snake for decades! Never gonna happen in my house, unfortunately. The one animal my husband is absolutely petrified of is....snakes. :(

I LOOOOVE your setups for them, and your passion for all of them shines through so loud and clear!! :D

Hehe I'll be sure to get more pics for you:p

I really did forget how much I liked having a bunch of snakes! Maybe it is because they are a low key animal. Don't get me wrong I love my birds but the snakes aren't up my butt looking for attention all the time or flinging food about:rolleyes: The only time they are demanding is when it's around feeding time...you get a bunch of snake heads popping out to see if this time I walk by is when I bring the feeders for them:D

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
So I was thinking Bodacious aka Bo. I was into the PBR when I was younger and this was one of the meaner bulls to be in the PBR. I think the name fits him... he isn't super crazy but he definitely isn't going to be even close to one of my nicest snakes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodacious_(bull)

I was also thinking a rack system might be nice and less expensive. If I get one like this you can still see the snakes when they wander around occasionally. I was thinking the last one with 10 slots. Dimensions for each bin 33in by 16in by 6in. Obvously won't fit my bigger ones like my beauty snake but everyone else shouldn't be an issue I would think...maybe...
Animal Plastics

Last edited:
OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
I was also thinking Athena for my little albino grey girl but I'm still not positive....

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Not that it really matters but I do like those names. :D

Opinions are nice :D

So set names so far...

Ivy - motley sunglow corn
Eve - Trans pecos rat
Cordelia - striped bloodred corn
Riddick - butter corn
Vera - black milk
Bodacious - 50/50 King
Athena - albino grey rat

My still unnamed ones...I have no idea why I can't pick names for these two!

Albino Chinese beauty snake
White sided rat

I also just ordered the rack system...I should see that sometime in October probably:rolleyes: The adult snake cage I ordered awhile ago should get here Wednesday, so Bodacious or Riddick will have a big cage next week.

My mother also caught snake fever and bought her own corn snake from the local pet store. If he doesn't get a display tank upstairs in the next few months he will probably end being added to my group:rolleyes:

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I like that rack system. It looks neat and organized and saves space. Great names too!

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots

This is the one I got with the ten slots...I'll have extra room since I also have my 3 big display cages:54:

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Well that display cage I ordered got here Tuesday, so that makes three display cages and 10 slots in the rack.

If my mother makes me cage her guy with all of mine that leaves 3 open spaces. If she does a display setup upstairs for her guy that leaves me 4 open spaces:D

Oh and this is her guy...

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Right now I'm still trying to recover from the hit of the almost 600 dollar rack and the money I'm spending on converting on old double stacker ferret nation cage into bearded dragon cages. So no new snakes for a little bit, plus the rack will get here sometime in October most likely.

Most Reactions