yellow naped amazon breeder finally found!!

Hayden1987

Apr 23, 2013
Upper Hutt, New Zealand
Parrots
Andy a Harlequin Macaw
a pair or maroon bellied conures,
a pair of mulga parrots
After almost 5 years of looking for a reputable breeder i have found a breeder here in New Zealand. Amazons here are incredibly uncommon and range in price from $4000-$5000 each with DYH going for even more. So i have already made an order for a chick this season coming which is august/ september.... EXCITING!!!!

OP
Hayden1987

Hayden1987

Apr 23, 2013
Upper Hutt, New Zealand
Parrots
Andy a Harlequin Macaw
a pair of mulga parrots
Yea im very nervous tho, i havent been around zon's in 7 years.. hopefully its like riding a bike hahahaha Yea Right!!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
YAY!!! I'm so excited for you!!! :D

Yes, it's like riding a bike, once you're back in the seat, it'll all come back to you. :)

Do you have a name picked out yet?

OP
Hayden1987

Hayden1987

Apr 23, 2013
Upper Hutt, New Zealand
Parrots
Andy a Harlequin Macaw
a pair of mulga parrots
Not yet, i was planning on naming it after a friend of mine that passed away a few years back. She taught me everything i know about YN amazons also red sided eclectus, major mitchells cockatoos, CAG's and several conure species... i miss her alot!

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
What a great opportunity to get a baby nape, when you've had some amazon experience. Most of us learn on our first baby and never get the chance to do it right. Socialize,socialize,socialize. I wish i could raise a baby for myself at this stage in my life, but i'm to old, besides my hen nape of 43 yrs wouldn't stand for it,LOL. Welcome to the forum , hope to see you around with pics/vids and stories about your new baby. Congrats. BTW i'd go with smaller bar spacing, 5/8 ths would be fine or maybe 3/4 . It's as much about keeping them safe from things outside their cage as well. Most of my pet zon are outside their cage all day and prefer a "safer" more secure cage to sleep and relax in. The larger bar spacing and more "open" cage doesn't let them feel as secure and safe.

Last edited:
OP
Hayden1987

Hayden1987

Apr 23, 2013
Upper Hutt, New Zealand
Parrots
Andy a Harlequin Macaw
a pair of mulga parrots
Im quite lucky! I have 5 spare aviary flights available right now since i moved some of my breeding stock on, which is fortunate so i can have an outdoor aviary for it while im at work and then bring it in at night. Luckily here we dont get snow or have any major predators like raccoons or B.O.P. so it can be left un supervised and the best thing is i have 4 very big dogs to keep watch for thieves even tho it isnt too big of a problem here in N.Z, yea my experience is limited with regards to hands on work... i think ive raised 4 clutches and cared for the breeding pairs on and off while my friend was in hospital.. and my are they territorial! I ended up with stitches to the top of my head twice from one **** bird in particular haha

Most Reactions

Latest posts