Yellow Napped Amazon :)

Baloo

Jun 11, 2014
Maryland
Parrots
Yellow Napped Amazon named Cleo, Cockatiel named Freddie, and two parakeets names Azul and Baloo.
:whiteblue::green1:Hey guys!

Our male (DNA tested with hatch date certificate) yellow napped amazon is named Cleo. We also are the lucky bird parents of two parakeets (Azul and Baloo) as well as a love bug cockatiel named Freddie!

We are moving our yellow napped amazon into our new home in two weeks, right now visiting him at our family members house. We are new to big birds so please any and all suggestions on how to raise a male yellow napped amazon are welcome!

:yellow1::blue2:

OP
B

Baloo

Jun 11, 2014
Maryland
Parrots
Yellow Napped Amazon named Cleo, Cockatiel named Freddie, and two parakeets names Azul and Baloo.
We also think he might be in heat right now....so any suggestions or information on how to deal with a Yellow Napped Amazon male in heat are appreciated! :)

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Hey baloo, welcome to the forum. loads of good info about your YNA in some of the older threads. How old is he? Most napes don't mature until about 7-10 yrs old. I don't think your baby is in "heat" yet,LOL. The secret to raising a male nape,,,,SOCIALIZE,socialize,socialize. Hope to see you in the amazon section, we'd love to help.

OP
B

Baloo

Jun 11, 2014
Maryland
Parrots
Thanks guys :) actually he just turned 9 Henpecked ... so he might be in heat??? Not sure, I was raised with a yellow collared macaw she seemed to be in heat around that time (she's 23 now and a babydoll).

Last edited:
OP
B

Baloo

Jun 11, 2014
Maryland
Parrots
My boyfriend of four years and I are very excited to have him but we determined today that he views his stepmom as his mate, so we are unsure of how to move him into our new apartment in two weeks. Worried he might hate us more lol

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Probably won't be that big of a deal, so long as the step-mom is not there. I'm sure it will take him some adjustment period. How long depends on how well socialized he is.

Most Reactions

Latest posts