Yellow spots on baby blue and gold macaw

Alhu

Jan 1, 2018
Hi guys, I am wondering if anyone can help me my baby macaws have started to show yellow spots in the past few days and i am worried have tried to take them to vet but cant get hold of bird vet until Wednesday so thought meanwhile i would ask here and if anyone knows anything about these spots. Some say they are heat boils, any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

• 20171231_145716.jpg
    20171231_145716.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 227
  • 20171231_145707.jpg
    20171231_145707.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 271

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
I have no idea, but it does look scary. Good for you for heading for the vet pronto!

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!

Cas27

Jul 27, 2017
NewJersey
Parrots
Blue and gold macaw,green wing Macaw,goffins cockatoo,Congo African grey
I wouldn’t worry too much it doesn’t look too bad. I bet the vet says it will go away on its own.

OP
A

Alhu

Jan 1, 2018
Thanks guys going vet later today from what im hearing from breeders is that it will just go away, will update here. Cheers

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Thanks guys going vet later today from what im hearing from breeders is that it will just go away, will update here. Cheers

Hope baby gets a clean bill of health from the vet. In the future please reconsider taking on an unweaned baby macaw as you can see it can be very dangerous to baby should any problems arise.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)

Hope baby gets a clean bill of health from the vet. In the future please reconsider taking on an unweaned baby macaw as you can see it can be very dangerous to baby should any problems arise.

He is taking the baby to the vet.

To the OP:
I'm so glad to hear that you are going to the vet, I hope it is nothing serious.
Please let us know how they are doing!

Most Reactions