Yellow stuff on conure's tongue...

whitniebird

Apr 16, 2012
Sunny Cali
Parrots
Kijani ~ Cinnamon Green Cheek Conure
Ellie ~ Nanday Conure
Hello all!
I was wondering if any of you knew what a small, yellow spot on a bird's tongue means?

I noticed it on Kijani (my Cinnamon GCC, the one who took a little candle wax bath [all cleaned now!]) around 1:30 P.M. today (California Time). It's on the right side of her tongue and kind of looks like a tortilla chip. P:
Is this something serious I need to worry about?

My mom thinks it might be something else, like a piece of wood stuck, but it doesn't look like that.
I would take a picture, but she's being fidgety!

Thanks,
Whitnie

OP
whitniebird

whitniebird

Apr 16, 2012
Sunny Cali
Parrots
Ellie ~ Nanday Conure
Hmm, yeah...
Everywhere I'm looking says the same thing.
I called the vets too, but one wasn't there and the other was by appointment.
/:

Here are some pictures to see!
Sorry if the lighting is weird -- some of them were a little dark & had to fix it in photoshop!

KT1.png
KT2.png
KT3.png
KT4.png
KT5.png

OP
whitniebird

whitniebird

Apr 16, 2012
Sunny Cali
Parrots
Ellie ~ Nanday Conure
Could it be a spot where she may have bit her tongue? Just a thought...

I'm wondering that too.
My mom just suggested that it could be the twist-ties she has on her cage could have poked her tongue -- since she likes to escape out of her daytime cage! She tends to chew on them to get out and fly back to me, but I'm not sure! Could be a million things... |:

OP
whitniebird

whitniebird

Apr 16, 2012
Sunny Cali
Parrots
Ellie ~ Nanday Conure
She is on Harrison's Pellets.
Her, and my rescue Nanday Conure are both on it actually!
They do get fruits about once a week, so I don't know if that plays a part in it too.

Both of their weight are staying the same, so that's an okay! Pretty much watch their weight and any physical signs that might lead to something!

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
I'm not sure about the yellow stuff but I would still take her to the vet.
They should get fresh fruits AND veggies every day.

OP
whitniebird

whitniebird

Apr 16, 2012
Sunny Cali
Parrots
Ellie ~ Nanday Conure
Will be doing that ASAP!

I've also been reading that Apple Cider Vinegar helps fight off infections (diluted with water of course)?
Does that help, or should I shy away from that?

Sulphiria

Banned
Banned
Mar 12, 2012
Deltona, Florida
From what i see, it is something that should be given short term only, to an immediate existing problem, but it does raise the PH levels in the body, which in turn can affect muscles and peristalitic action in the digestive tract. Probiotics then must to be used to correct the PH level so that the apple cider vinegar does not cause an imbalance of the intestinal flora.

Why would you even risk a home remedy for your bird? Why have you not made a vet appointment? He should be there TODAY.

KatherineI

Mar 27, 2012
Media
Seattle, WA
Parrots
Loki (GCC) Sugar (Goffins)
I'm confused as well as to why you wouldn't just make an appointment when they said the other vet was by appointment only and are looking for home remedies Most vets ARE by appointment only, especially good vets.

Most Reactions

Latest posts