yn amazon has stopped talking

cmikequinn

Feb 3, 2013
I recently took in a 24 yr old yn.he was talking usually early morning.he made alot of noise.I got him from a friend that had cancer and could not care for him anymore.the last 2 weeks he has stopped talking.he does still speak but very quietly and usally when I am holding him.he is very calm after i get him out of his cage.he doesnt like to come out of his cage.i think he stayed in his cage all the time before I got him.once out he will sit calmly and I can pet his head.I have him in a new larger gage the old one was small and had alot of rust issues.I was wondering if this might just be a readjustment concern to the new surrondings and the fact that he is in our home he used to be in a buisness shop. :greenyellow:

oled

Jul 10, 2011
South Sweden
Parrots
Ville a double yellow head Amazon
Yes I also think he just need time to adjust to the new life but maby you could consider a vet visit, just for being sure he has not stoped talking because of a ilness

OP
C

cmikequinn

Feb 3, 2013
I am trying to find a vet but looks like the closest avian vet is 60 miles away.thanks for replying

Peeker

Feb 10, 2013
Parrots
Jax-Eclectus
Tina-Eclectus
Ruby-Eclectus
I'm guessing it's from all the changes that have happened. Is your house really quiet in the morning? Are you talkative with the bird?

I would suggest a vet visit JIC. It's always recommended when a bird stops talking to rule out illness.

I have a bird that came to me with a good vocabulary and stopped talking after a couple years. I would love to hear her again but haven't been able to get her to start talking again.

Most Reactions