You little pervert!

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
Kumar started humping very recently, his hormones are in full swing and a week ago he was on my shoulder while I was using the floor-vac and he started humping my shoulder. I put him off, he flew away and I thought "well that was easy". Now he tries to get me dozens of times a day, my head, shoulder, back, knee-he doesn't care where. It's pretty easy to distract him thankfully, and I've seen him doing it to his favorite shred-towel (Towlie), so I let him do that. Hopefully he'll give up soon and get busy with Towlie lol! That makes 2 out of 3 birds that are humpers.

Freespin

Nov 28, 2013
Waikato New Zealand
Parrots
Male senegal - Stephen. Previously Barry - Male Barraband
Nelson - Male Eclectus
Hahahaha Barry humped me once... It was so funny! My partners SC2 tries to hump my hand ALLLLLLL of the time! I have to hide my hands from HER haha. Glad my dog never went through a humpy faze though!

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
LOL!! Percy went into what we assumed was his annual hormonal stage shortly after we adopted him. He could not get enough of my son's hands! We did our best to distract him and in a month, it blew over.

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
Halo, my lovebird 'gets busy' on his sleepy hut, but hasn't on me.

it's harmless enough, but gets tiresome noticing he does it so much.

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
Kumar sounds relentless haha. How old is he now?

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
Margret-Mealy Amazon 28 (family parrot), Petri- Peach Front Conure 4, Chloe- Congo African Grey 24 and Rio- Blue Crown Conure 4 !! :D
LOL I cracked up as soon as I read the topic of this thread. Petri gets humpy with me at times....not for awhile though thank goodness. Little perverts!!!

Rora

Dec 7, 2013
Parrots
Tango ~ Sunday conure
Skitch ~ Grass parrot
Lorry ~ Grass parrot
Hamish (RIP) ~ Pineapple GCC
LOLOLOL

This cracked me up x'D. I had a galah hump my hand once, it's not an experience I want to repeat.

OP
Kalidasa

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Kumar sounds relentless haha. How old is he now?

He will be 5 in April, young, but certainly not a kid. Although one of my budgies (gadget) is 8 and he's been humping various objects multiple times every day since he was 7 months old.

OP
Kalidasa

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
My galah is a girl, do they start doing strange things?

Yup, girls hump as well, try to nest, and lay eggs if there surges get too strong. Actually he's been playing in drawers and hidey-holes recently, so his little party is over. No more dark spaces for a while :D

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I've never seen any of my birds do a "Miley Cyrus". Mine are all demure, and good. :D

LOLOLOL!!! If a bird does it, would it be called bwerking?:30:

Gizmomania

Banned
Banned
Aug 25, 2012
San Diego
Parrots
Duskies: Gizmo & Niko, hatched 3/12 & 5/12; pineapple GCC: Skittles, 5/10/13; Pan Am: Harley, 1/27/13; CAG: Maalik, 7/27/13; Eclectus: Ziggy, 4/4/04; BHC: Walter 6 y; baby Jardine's: Bogart-May!
Oh, groan! That's something that my husband would've said.

OP
Kalidasa

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
I've never seen any of my birds do a "Miley Cyrus". Mine are all demure, and good. :D

Lmao! So was Miley when she was Hannah Montana...give it a few years!

ConureAZ

Dec 27, 2013
Parrots
Oliver (Sun Conure)
You know you see tons of videos of humping dogs... I bet humping birds would be way more funny;)

Rora

Dec 7, 2013
Parrots
Tango ~ Sunday conure
Skitch ~ Grass parrot
Lorry ~ Grass parrot
My galah is a girl, do they start doing strange things?

Ben the Galah was a boy, but I think girls back up on you? LOL. I was about 15 when he got the "urge" it was hilarious but funny as. x'DD

I agree, bird humping would be even funnier on youtube!

Rora

Dec 7, 2013
Parrots
Tango ~ Sunday conure
Skitch ~ Grass parrot
Lorry ~ Grass parrot
I meant gross. I was so focused on the funny of it xD

Most Reactions