Zilla's Final (Hopefully) Vet Check

Amanda_Bennett

Sep 27, 2014
Gresham, OR
Parrots
Zilla 29 Y.O. Orange Wing Amazon
Once again she was WONDERFUL! :D Didn't even try to hurt anyone, she bit harder than she did before (all in protest of being poked and prodded) but all in all a very calm, easy going girl.

She still has 5 days left of her meds, but is doing GREAT!

Dr. said her respiratory infection is clearing up nicely and she found no other issues. She still weighs 350 grams so is eating well (I could have told her that!) She drew some blood and will call with the results when she has them, but said she doubts there will be anything wrong.

Just as I thought, she is starting to molt. I had seen a couple color feathers laying around and some new pinnies coming in, but thought it was a bit early in the year, guess I was wrong.

I am now the proud mommy of an almost back to what she should be Amazon! Super happy about that! :green:

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Glad Zilla is feeling better! Hope the vet has nothing but good news for you!

OP
Amanda_Bennett

Amanda_Bennett

Sep 27, 2014
Gresham, OR
Parrots
Zilla 29 Y.O. Orange Wing Amazon
She was VERY mad at me before we left for the vet. I was eating popcorn and not sharing with her.

I almost thought I had a very loud monkey with green feathers! She was hopping and yelling at me and climbing upside down all over her cage!

Can she have popcorn? If I don't put any oil or butter and seasonings on it?

I was kind of thinking she recognized it as something she has had before and liked, but I haven't seen it on any food lists good or bad so I didn't share.

Most Reactions