1971-2022!

bonitabird59

Apr 12, 2022
Hi everyone! I wanted to show you all a picture of my lovely Bonita who sadly passed in April this year. She was my grandmother's bird, who my dad grew up with and later passed down to me. I just recently found this picture of her and my dad from 1971, and then here's us from January of this year! Bonita was 72 years old when she passed. Looked pretty good for being pretty old.
IMG_4082.jpg
IMG_4083.jpg

OP
bonitabird59

bonitabird59

Apr 12, 2022
Hi everyone! I wanted to show you all a picture of my lovely Bonita who sadly passed in April this year. She was my grandmother's bird, who my dad grew up with and later passed down to me. I just recently found this picture of her and my dad from 1971, and then here's us from January of this year! Bonita was 72 years old when she passed. Looked pretty good for being pretty old.View attachment 42529View attachment 42530
Her hatch date was June 23rd, 1950; we have a certificate! She was hatched by an amazon breeder in Santa Monica, CA which I believe is still in business!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Wow! And I thought 22 yrs was a long time!

That could be like having a bird grandparent or aunt/ uncle. What an incredible experience.

OP
bonitabird59

bonitabird59

Apr 12, 2022
Wow! And I thought 22 yrs was a long time!

That could be like having a bird grandparent or aunt/ uncle. What an incredible experience.
I always told people I shared a room with my crazy old aunt! Haha but seriously, it felt like having an aunt! She was alive before my dad was even an idea and it blows my mind that we bonded and she moved out to college with me!

Most Reactions

Latest posts