1st wet chicken photo for Nova !

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Nova accompanied mr stitch into the shower this morning and the shower back spray triggered her bathing response

She didnt get soaked but it was an adorable experience watching her enjoy her first bath on her terms

(I dont count the dunk under water to wash off gravy after she landed in my chips and gravy dinner -northern uk thing )

Attachments

• 20231129_074535.jpg
    20231129_074535.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 20231129_074506.jpg
    20231129_074506.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 24

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Nova accompanied mr stitch into the shower this morning and the shower back spray triggered her bathing response

She didnt get soaked but it was an adorable experience watching her enjoy her first bath on her terms

(I dont count the dunk under water to wash off gravy after she landed in my chips and gravy dinner -northern uk thing )
Awwwwwwwww that's so sweet! And the best thing about birdy bath time is it's ALWAYS so stinkin' cute, no matter how many times we see it 😍

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Awwwwwwww, Nova! 😍 Soggy birdies are the cutest thing ever! ♥️

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
It was so cute ! How often should i offer her a bath ?

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Smokey | Athracite parakeet
Sky | cobalt, albino, yellow parakeet
Andy | Green texas clearwater
Awwwwwwwww that's so sweet! And the best thing about birdy bath time is it's ALWAYS so stinkin' cute, no matter how many times we see it 😍
speak for yourself, it's cute for you but for me it is a painful experience(they are biters)

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
It was so cute ! How often should i offer her a bath ?
Rocky likes a bath almost every day. I stand at the kitchen sink (the living area is one very big room) and I get the water running at perfect swimming pool temp. I hold an eight inch wide stainless steel bowl (her bathtub) under the spray and Rocky jumps onto the edge of the bowl and spreads her wings and jumps into the bowl and out in and out as many times as she wants as the water runs into the sink and down the drain. It takes about 10 minutes for her to get her full and she flies off flapping water all over the room. I can say for sure that her cute little feetz get very clean which is important because she likes to walk in our food!

Don't worry about me and Rocky wasting water. We have a terrific well and way more ground water than we could ever use. It all runs into the septic tank where it's processed and purified and eventually ends up back where we got it. I'd love to share our excess water with those suffering from a drought. We should build a water pipeline from Maine because we have too much water.

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Rocky likes a bath almost every day. I stand at the kitchen sink (the living area is one very big room) and I get the water running at perfect swimming pool temp. I hold an eight inch wide stainless steel bowl (her bathtub) under the spray and Rocky jumps onto the edge of the bowl and spreads her wings and jumps into the bowl and out in and out as many times as she wants as the water runs into the sink and down the drain. It takes about 10 minutes for her to get her full and she flies off flapping water all over the room. I can say for sure that her cute little feetz get very clean which is important because she likes to walk in our food!

Don't worry about me and Rocky wasting water. We have a terrific well and way more ground water than we could ever use. It all runs into the septic tank where it's processed and purified and eventually ends up back where we got it. I'd love to share our excess water with those suffering from a drought. We should build a water pipeline from Maine because we have too much water.
It sounds almost like how Albie likes to bath except her water must be ice cold and in my hands

Most Reactions

Latest posts