2 amazon yellow napes need new home

OP
B

buggyboo

Jul 16, 2019
If the place wouldn't let you see it. Then backed out. It wasn't the right place. Seriously if they are taking 100, what's 2 more?? I just don't have the money or the space and my flock is little birds, or I would offer.
I sure hope you find a good home soon.

Ruffled feathers was very odd to me, at first he said he sure would take my birds

Then when i wanted to see the facility, pictures would do and they even backed out on that,

And yeah, they can take 100 no problem but 2 more is too much because i wanted pictures of the place,

Mar 18, 2021
Dade City, Fl
Parrots
Moluccans, Umbrellas, Sulfur cresteds, Bare eyed, Goffins, Rose breasted, Slender billed, Citron crested, Blue throated macaw, blue and gold macaws, tucuman amazon, blue fronted amazon, greater vasa p
On the recommendation of FBoy, im making a thread here.

I need to rehome 2 Amazon yellow napes that due to my health issues ( PTSD, nervous , panic OCD type stuff ) and life i do not feel i give them the attention they crave,
So i seek a loving parrot savvy forever home.

Im located about 30 miles north ish of orlando in Eustis,

I rescued both birds at different times about 20 years ago,
They have lived in different cages side by side all this time so

I want them to stay together, they know each other,

I do not know their genders or age,

One has several names so ill call it "cluckle" here its the smaller of the two
It used to be out with me a lot, its liked to cuddle, or nibble holes in my clothes

And it expected to share whatever i was eating, ( within reason )
Cluckle likes or hates a person, and lets people she doesnt like know it,
I havent seen any indications cluckle likes men or women better.

The other one the larger i call greenman, he was in a bad place when i got him,
Hes overbearing and aggressive, i did years ago have him where he would come out

And hang with me but he was unpredictable and did once when scared bite me pretty badly

So with my isses i stopped pushing him, i feel badly for him,

The cages are older and not so great, no bottom pans, so new cages might be a consideration,

So they are not picture perfect hop out and get on your shoulder tame

Parrots, they need a seasoned parrot person,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When i placed them on craigslist ( big mistake ) i had a lot of replies
that wanted them for their little kids or from people who collect animals,
They wouldnt be suited to those type homes, they need attention, i would think other birds would be fine,

Im not asking for adoption fees, that $$$ can be used for a grooming, food, toys, check up, perhaps cages,

Im not looking for a foster home, im doing that myself,
Im not interested in those folks who like to collect birds but want other people to

Pay for their hobby, they ask for 1000s to take in your bird.

Others from CL wanted to come hang out in my home, get to know the parrots and then deside if they want them,
Sorry, with my nervous health issues and a covid going around

You cant "test drive" the birds, i believe enough questions can let

A parrot person know if they want them.

If a person takes them and it doesnt work out, i want them returned to me,
Not rehomed or sold,

Thanks

Cheers
b
-----------------------------------------
Buggyboo,

My name is Will Palmer, I am the owner and founder of Central Florida Cockatoos, LLC.

I am new to this site, so bare with me. If you would like to check us out, we are on Facebook at:

Central Florida Cockatoos (CFC)

Located on the outskirts of Dade City, we are a five acre facility, with three large outdoor aviaries.
CFC allows cockatoos and other psittacines the chance to have a forever home where they can be a bird with no limitations.
Our birds are housed in group settings to mimic their flock behaviors in the wild and provide endless stimulation.
This plays a huge role in the mental health of the birds (especially birds who have been known to pluck and self mutilate themselves.)
Our birds are also used as ambassadors for their species, meaning we take them to private events, educational programs and anything in between to educate the public on why they do not necessarily make the best "pets."

If you would like to speak further, please give me a call or email.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
B

buggyboo

Jul 16, 2019
My name is Will Palmer, I am the owner and founder of Central Florida Cockatoos, LLC.

I am new to this site, so bare with me. If you would like to check us out, we are on Facebook at:

Central Florida Cockatoos (CFC)

Located on the outskirts of Dade City, we are a five acre facility, with three large outdoor aviaries.
CFC allows cockatoos and other psittacines the chance to have a forever home where they can be a bird with no limitations.
Our birds are housed in group settings to mimic their flock behaviors in the wild and provide endless stimulation.
This plays a huge role in the mental health of the birds (especially birds who have been known to pluck and self mutilate themselves.)
Our birds are also used as ambassadors for their species, meaning we take them to private events, educational programs and anything in between to educate the public on why they do not necessarily make the best "pets."

If you would like to speak further, please give me a call or email.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reaching out, i did see your ad on Craigslist basically the same reply you posted to me here, in the interest of helping others im going to reply here at least to start,

As you know i am hunting a forever home for my 2 guys and im thinking ive covered much about them in this thread so allow me to ask questions here,

I noticed your ad on craiglist is seeking birds one of my hurdles is sanctuaries are always full, how long have you been doing the rescue there and how many birds do you have?

Can you please provide us pictures of your facility, the aviary etc.
Do you allow visitors

Do you provide contracts that you will not breed or sell/adopt out my birds?

Do you charge any fees to accept birds ?

Lets get past that and see where we can go, please do not take me as snide or
anything personal, im all these birds have and ive ran into a lot or breeders, flippers and related con artists, thanks for understanding and i am hopeful my birds can find a new forever home at your facility.

Thanks everyone

Jazzop

Aug 25, 2015
Parrots
Double Yellow Amazon
I don't check this forum very often, so I just saw this thread tonight. I would like to throw my hat in the ring as a potential home for your birds. I live in the FL panhandle, and have owned an Amazon for over 20 years. I am also young enough that your birds would probably not outlive me, which mitigates against future stress related to another change in habitat. I don't see anything unreasonable with your expectations or requirements. I love these creatures and would be happy to bring them into my home. I'd like to meet the birds first on their home turf, if that is something we can work out; it's not critical, but Amazons have a weird way of hating specific individuals and/or entire human genders from day one (mine hates all females for some reason). Please PM me if you want to explore this further.

OP
B

buggyboo

Jul 16, 2019
Thanks jazzop,

If my birds and situation was perfect they would have long found a new loving forever home.
I believe its in this long thread but i will repeat here as i know what you mean about AYN personalities.

Green man is agressive, unpredictible, and intimidates me due to my own nervious issues
he needs a parrot savvy person to give him patience and love to come around to them, i
did take him out and hold him but he bit me bad on the wrist not his fault but i stopped trying. He was a recue from a guy who was going to kill him.

Cluckle i can hold, my wife can hold her and she does on about one person in ten goes
total freak out kill mode.
I do not have a clue the trigger, its not gender, race or size, lol. I used to take her everywhere i had a cat carrier but would wear her on my shoulder and i knew when she
saw someone she didnt like.

Im in eustis fl and moved here after 46 years in orlando, when covid hit it stopped both
our incomes and my work restoring the fixxer upper house, so unfortunately i do not have the life, health or home to have people in for visits, covid just makes that worse, and if course that makes it difficult to find a home for these guys. I have to
work with what i have.

I fully understand a lot of people want perfect tame pet birds and thats not something
im really claiming i have, its one big reason i would like them to go to a sanctuary and live aviary style i just cannot afford the high fees places like zeksee charge.

Any one who desires talking to me its best to use my direct email which you can ask a modarator for.

Thanks all

OP
B

buggyboo

Jul 16, 2019
I have great news after all this time and ups and downs i believe i found my guys the new home i dreamed of.

For his privacy i will call the new owner RC and if all goes right i will have the birds to him this weekend.
He has 3 AYNs and an aviary type set up on his back porch area,
Its really super nice,

RC was good with all my eccentricities, bought the birds cages, sent me pictures and is happy for me to come see his facility when i drop them off, he will be checking out the forum and this thread

And hopefully will join up.

Thanks all who have been so very supportive especially the moderators.

I will make a few more update posts when the birds are settled in with RC.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
what wonderful news!!! I can't wait fir more happy updates!

Most Reactions