2 issues

indianringnecks

Nov 23, 2022
Saudi Arabia, Dammam
Parrots
3 year old indian ringneck
Hey i hope you and ur birds are having a good day!
Im currently in a rush so please dont mind any spelling mistakes, but Joy (Roy's companion) hasn't been really good and my family threatens to sell her cuz shes "useless" basically roy is trying to talk to her but Joy bites him it doesn't seem like they like each other the guy who sold us joy said they should get along within a week but i bought her like 3 weeks ago and their still both in seperaste cages although i let them be outside of the cage together but i noticed they distance themselves from eachother.. Any ideas on what to do?
second issue is im a muslim and i celebrate ramadan which means you fast during the day and eat at night. what does this have to do with birds you may be wondering? Well i am exhausted during the day and i let them out at night after i break my fast and i was wonderring is this unhealthy for them? cuz i let them out at 6 pm and they return to the cage somewhere between 11pm- 1 am and they wake up around 7:30 am.. (I do give them aopples when their outside so dont worry abt them be9ing hungry) thanks thats all wish u and ur birds a great day! :)

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Ramadan Mubarak!

Do Roy and Joy have food inside their cages too? I think several weeks of a different out-of-the-cage schedule isn't going to hurt them. I think most of us have had it happen for things like illness or a work schedule change.

I feel like it can take longer than a week for parrots to become friends. It took my two about 3 months to really respect each other and not try to "beak" or kind of bicker/fight (most of the time for a lot of birds getting to know each other it's not really fighting, it's just kind of biting back and forth with their beaks like a small argument).

If it seems like that could be what Joy is doing, and it doesn't seem like she's trying to hurt Roy, I think you're on a good path still for them to be good family for each other.

My two birds aren't friends, but they really do like having another bird there to talk to and they copy each other sometimes - if one is talking really loudly, the other one will too, and they take naps at the same time every day.

I'm sorry your family doesn't think Joy is a good pet :( I like the birds that aren't very friendly with people, because they still deserve a happy life. I think three weeks is too soon to make a decision - Joy is probably still nervous and trying to figure out her place in her new "flock".

OP
indianringnecks

indianringnecks

Nov 23, 2022
Saudi Arabia, Dammam
Parrots
3 year old indian ringneck
Ramadan Mubarak!

Do Roy and Joy have food inside their cages too? I think several weeks of a different out-of-the-cage schedule isn't going to hurt them. I think most of us have had it happen for things like illness or a work schedule change.

I feel like it can take longer than a week for parrots to become friends. It took my two about 3 months to really respect each other and not try to "beak" or kind of bicker/fight (most of the time for a lot of birds getting to know each other it's not really fighting, it's just kind of biting back and forth with their beaks like a small argument).

If it seems like that could be what Joy is doing, and it doesn't seem like she's trying to hurt Roy, I think you're on a good path still for them to be good family for each other.

My two birds aren't friends, but they really do like having another bird there to talk to and they copy each other sometimes - if one is talking really loudly, the other one will too, and they take naps at the same time every day.

I'm sorry your family doesn't think Joy is a good pet :( I like the birds that aren't very friendly with people, because they still deserve a happy life. I think three weeks is too soon to make a decision - Joy is probably still nervous and trying to figure out her place in her new "flock".
Thank you for your response Also yes they have their own food and water and we give them new fresh food and water every day . and i noticed that roys wings r like more open? like theyre more open then usual ever since we got joy he started to do those things is that a flirting mechanisim? also noticed that roy is starting to act like joy like hes more bity then usual if that makes sense anyways goodbye have a nice day awith ur cute little birdied

Most Reactions

Latest posts