3 more Scarlet Macaw Eggs. 1 clutch was in summer, this is the 1st official clutch of fall.

OP
MacawBeginnerandLover
Sep 4, 2022
Parrots
Scarlet Macaw Breeding Pair
3x Baby Macaws laid and born this August 2022
3x Baby Macaws laid and born this October 2022
So I've wondered, for curiosity sake, how big a macaw egg is ... can you tell me? Or give a frame of reference in the pic. My Mac is a boy, so I'll never see one of my own :D
yeah of course! just like @ravvlet said, it is actually around a quail-size egg. definitely smaller than a regular chicken egg and they are surprising different sizes. The first egg of every clutch so far has been the biggest eggs and so far, the baby is bigger than the other two. i will post a closer picture of the eggs tomorrow as I hope the mother will be laying another egg tonight/tomorrow morning.

OP
MacawBeginnerandLover
Sep 4, 2022
Parrots
Scarlet Macaw Breeding Pair
3x Baby Macaws laid and born this August 2022
3x Baby Macaws laid and born this October 2022
They look so tiny in that incubator!! I would love to know too - they look quail-sized from here! :)
yep! spot on! they are about a quail size egg. smaller than a chicken egg and they do some in various sizes. the first egg of the two clutches have always been the biggest. I will post pictures of the eggs tonight/tomorrow and also of the egg shells that have been hatched. the babies when hatched are tiny! i will post some pictured that i took on my ipad as well of day old macaw babies

Most Reactions

Latest posts