504 Gateway Error

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
Idk if anyone else is experiencing this but ever since the technical update like a month ago I haven't been able to view posts on this website. Everytime I go to a thread it just tells me 504 Gateway Error and I can't do anything about it :(

edit: it doesn't seem to affect mobile and it's actually "502 Bad Gateway"

Last edited:

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
no troubles like that with me.

Windows 10 laptop and iPad both work fine.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Shut everything down starting with your laptop, then your in home WIFI and lastly your router that connects to your carrier. Now, by shutdown, that means both the unit and/or disconnecting the power supply. If you can stand the quiet, leave it down for 10-minutes. Start at the Router (hub or like term) and power ti up. Note the number of lights and assure that they are all up and stable. Next your WIFI unit (If your system uses one) and then your computer. That will reset everything. It that doesn't work, Verify that you are running your computers latest O/S. If not, update it. Then update you're Antivirus software and assure you have their latest software.

Someplace in all of that should solve your problem.

In the last year, there has been major changes and not being current can cause all kind of problems.

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
I shut my computer off nightly, the router has been rebooted multiple times in the past month, everything on my computer is up to date (I play video games a lot so it's kinda crucial I keep things up to date) and it's only parrotforums when I try to access threads

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I receive random 502 Gateway errors with PF using Opera browser. No issues with Firefox nor Edge. This coincided with an email issue the forum confronted a few weeks ago. I am well on the trailing edge of technology with ancient PC using Windows 7. Reason I preferred Opera with forum is lack of page-load "jitters."

Most Reactions