A 2nd update of roy's forehead bump

indianringnecks

Nov 23, 2022
Saudi Arabia, Dammam
Parrots
3 year old indian ringneck
Hey! I hope you and your birds have been well :)
So if you have been reading my threads, and maybe even responding to them (thank you very much) then you should know about my birds forehead bump.
Well i took him to a vet and i honestly thought it was something super serious like an infection or something, but turns out he just itched his forehead repetitively multiple times which lead to minor hair loss around the cere area
Anyway the veterinarian gave me 2 medicine's and i am supposed to give one of each on a daily basis for the following 10 days (today is day 5) and he told me that if the bump doesn't improve then we should revisit to find another solution or something
Anyway so far he has honestly gotten better in a way and he's gotten much more energetic and he is quite a bit back to his good old personality! although, he isnt 100% like he used to be but he is definitely and most certainly better then he was before I started giving him the medicine which is great! He started playing with my hoodie and he started moving a lot which i am so so glad to see i was super worried for him!! Hopefully everything is fine and i am thinking of taking him to a check up even if his bump recovers just in case tell me if i should really do that or not but anyway he's really gotten better thank you all so much for your helpful responses on my past threads you guys are true lifesavers thank you so muchh

I will also attach a picture of him today :)
I wish you and your birds a great day!
E767BD9F-66A7-4037-94A5-636A91FE9971.jpeg

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I never knew IRN had hair on their heads ;):eek:.
Just Kidding.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Hey! I hope you and your birds have been well :)
So if you have been reading my threads, and maybe even responding to them (thank you very much) then you should know about my birds forehead bump.
Well i took him to a vet and i honestly thought it was something super serious like an infection or something, but turns out he just itched his forehead repetitively multiple times which lead to minor hair loss around the cere area
Anyway the veterinarian gave me 2 medicine's and i am supposed to give one of each on a daily basis for the following 10 days (today is day 5) and he told me that if the bump doesn't improve then we should revisit to find another solution or something
Anyway so far he has honestly gotten better in a way and he's gotten much more energetic and he is quite a bit back to his good old personality! although, he isnt 100% like he used to be but he is definitely and most certainly better then he was before I started giving him the medicine which is great! He started playing with my hoodie and he started moving a lot which i am so so glad to see i was super worried for him!! Hopefully everything is fine and i am thinking of taking him to a check up even if his bump recovers just in case tell me if i should really do that or not but anyway he's really gotten better thank you all so much for your helpful responses on my past threads you guys are true lifesavers thank you so muchh

I will also attach a picture of him today :)
I wish you and your birds a great day!
View attachment 47353
Awww. He's so cute! His forehead looks much better.

Most Reactions

Latest posts