A bad diet?

DD!

Sep 15, 2022
Parrots
Green checked conure, pineapple variation.
Mango’s human here 👋🏻
I had Mango for a week and although every day I offer veggies and fruits, Mango won’t even try them and move to the only thing it likes, other than that seeds mix that they sell at pet-shops, home cooked quinoa (which is also a seed I realized not long ago 😅). I recently got pellets too and I mix them with the quinoa and fresh veggies, fuits but Mango, eats only the quinoa and some of the pellets.
What should I do?? I’m so confused 😓
I attached photos of what she is used to eat, which I bought as recommended when I got it (seeds mix) and the pellets I recently got that after some research ate apparently a better option than the seeds mix.

Oh! Mango will try to eat any food I put in my mouth, like literally from my mouth 😂 not sure if this is normal, but if it’s something she could eat, when offered it will simply walk away from it. 🤷🏼‍♀️
What a picky eater! It’s worse than my 6yro son 🤣

02FCD04E-E7DA-40DF-8290-F7E780B11873.pngC3008F88-D1A4-42E4-BDCB-8F92178D057C.png

jeninec11769

Nov 8, 2021
california
Parrots
Paulie and Phoebe GCC
Hello!
My experience was the same!

It was tuff to convert them at first, but do not give up! I also had to pretend to eat the pellets for them to try it.
Ive noticed that Paulie likes to have his pellets slightly wet already. While Phoebe makes her own cereal by dipping them her self in the water ^,^
I do have to change the food though out the day. I did have to go cold turkey on the seeds. or else they would of course choose seeds.

But make try to show him they are Yummy lol by pretending you are also eating them lol , took them about 2 weeks to finally fully convert.
"Yummm Paulie look, mmmmmm" LOL

Reactions: DD!
OP
DD!

DD!

Sep 15, 2022
Parrots
Hello!
My experience was the same!

It was tuff to convert them at first, but do not give up! I also had to pretend to eat the pellets for them to try it.
Ive noticed that Paulie likes to have his pellets slightly wet already. While Phoebe makes her own cereal by dipping them her self in the water ^,^
I do have to change the food though out the day. I did have to go cold turkey on the seeds. or else they would of course choose seeds.

But make try to show him they are Yummy lol by pretending you are also eating them lol , took them about 2 weeks to finally fully convert.
"Yummm Paulie look, mmmmmm" LOL
Hahaha 😅 I’ve been “eating” pellets for a couple days and Mango eats them but is not a fan. I do the same with the veggies but Mango can give two crackers about those 😂
I’ll keep trying!!
Thank you!

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
If you have it available to you, try bird street bistro. It's not the healthiest thing ever but it's not bad. My conure started on it and I was able to transition her onto veggies from it.

OP
DD!

DD!

Sep 15, 2022
Parrots
If you have it available to you, try bird street bistro. It's not the healthiest thing ever but it's not bad. My conure started on it and I was able to transition her onto veggies from it.

I order them! Thank you for the recommendation 😉 and wish me luck 😅

Birb321

Sep 14, 2022
BC, Canada
Parrots
I might rescue a conure or another small parrot
I will put down a video about getting your bird to eat healthy
hope this helps

Most Reactions