A sad post...

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
Oooooooh no, I'm so sorry to hear of this tragidy happing to you and your pet. It truely was a sad day when this happened. Hopefully time will help mend your broken heart.

But you really should think about what to do next about your Neighbors dog. I would recommend that you at the very least force them to pay for the cost of your bird. If they refuse, then file suit against them for allowing their dog to run free and kill your pet. In most states pets are considered property so in your case, you suffered property damage. these irresponsible people need to be made to be responsible and forced to insure their dog doesn't or isn't able to do this in the future.

THIS WAS NOT YOUR FAULT, you were trying to help your pet by moving him outside while cleaning.

OP
Parrot Parent

Parrot Parent

Feb 22, 2011
My house
Parrots
R.I.P. Linius, my Sun conure
Tapa and Tio, Parakeets, Xander 3 month old sun conure
Oooooooh no, I'm so sorry to hear of this tragidy happing to you and your pet. It truely was a sad day when this happened. Hopefully time will help mend your broken heart.

But you really should think about what to do next about your Neighbors dog. I would recommend that you at the very least force them to pay for the cost of your bird. If they refuse, then file suit against them for allowing their dog to run free and kill your pet. In most states pets are considered property so in your case, you suffered property damage. these irresponsible people need to be made to be responsible and forced to insure their dog doesn't or isn't able to do this in the future.

THIS WAS NOT YOUR FAULT, you were trying to help your pet by moving him outside while cleaning.

Oh he felt very bad about what happened, and he offered to pay for a new bird without us asking him. And as for the dog we are going to strongly recommend that he puts up chicken wire so it doesn't get loose again. If he doesnt comply we'll have to report him to the association.

I fell really bad though cause later on I learned he beat the dog for killing Linius, and its not like its the Dogs fault. He was doing what terriers do! They hunt small animals, its part of their blood!Just like flying is natural for birds, but we take measures to make sure they dont get loose. It should be the same with dogs. I blame the owner for not being responsible about confining his pet.

Del

Feb 9, 2011
West Yorkshire, England
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
I'm really sorry for your loss, I know what you're going through, we lost our Elmo (our GCC) last week. I cant imagine how horrific it would be to loose a bird in your circumstances as it was bad enough with Elmo due to her falling ill. Its only just over a week later that i can actually talk about it.

Hopefully they'll both be playing and preening each other in Parrot Paradise. :(

wuvzbirdies

May 5, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Parrots
Congo African Grey: Russell Peters (R.I.P. my baby)
I am so sorry to hear about your loss, I truely know how you feel. I lost my Russell this past December and still to this day the grief is unbearable. Let's just say I get by, take your time and do NOT blame yourself. This forum is FULL of support, take it one day at a time. Don't worry Linius is in safe hands in Rainbow Heaven with his big brother Russell looking out for him!

Most Reactions

Latest posts