About THE CAGE

Madaip

Jun 28, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
B&G hatched 06-25-2015 (girl)
Hi everyone, it's been 3 weeks since last visit my baby .I will be posting pictures tomorrow when i see her , hope she recognized me :D:confused::confused::confused: the big question now is the cage , I got one already we bought it a few months ago and haven't put it together yet , but how big dose it need to be ?? I don't want to wait till last minute for her cage if its not the right one for her !!! I will appreciate any advice. Thanks

I decided to get the biggest cage I could personally afford. It has paid off me and my B&G. I agree with Wendy 4ft by 3ft would be the smallest I would go.

Genereal rule for large macaw cage is nothing smaller than 40 by 30. Dometops are better for birds with long tails. Gives them more room to move around.

Thanks for the answers, I will post later the measures of the one i have !!!

:(We'll definitely buy another cage , I didn't even had to put it together to tell its way too small. Where should I buy it from ??

Amazon sells prevue cages ( macaw cages) Paid $ 450.00 for this ( free shipping)
Very large cage , make sure you have room for it also it wont fit thru the door so it must be assembled inside . 46x36x78 . Tried to upload picture for you but its too large. Google Prevue Empire extra large macaw cage. ( you can see a pictures of it in another ( CAGES ) topic here on the forum.

Love my Prevue Empire Cage !!! Too bad here in Florida won't last longer then two years .. Outdoors , way too humid , anything metal will rust like crazy. Stainless steel is the way to go down here , if one can afford it.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back