African grey missing

RoseFelicia

Banned
Banned
May 12, 2016
Our African grey parrot flew away on last day in the morning around at 9:30 am, while my husband was cleaning the cage and left the cage door open by mistake in our backyard. We live in Nelson

We have had Ruby(that's her name) for almost 3yrs and we loved her as she was our family. I hope and pray she comes back to us soon. We have left the cage outside with her favorite strawberries and water in it. :(

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Our African grey parrot flew away on last day in the morning around at 9:30 am, while my husband was cleaning the cage and left the cage door open by mistake in our backyard. We live in Nelson

We have had Ruby(that's her name) for almost 3yrs and we loved her as she was our family. I hope and pray she comes back to us soon. We have left the cage outside with her favorite strawberries and water in it. :(

I'm sorry to hear Ruby flew away. Was she tame with humans? If so, she may seek the comfort of people once hungry or thirsty.

The thread Flboy posted is worth reading as it contains every possible avenue to finding a lost bird.

Good luck, and keep us updated please!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I'm so sorry to hear about Ruby. The link that Flboy posted above does have a TON of great ideas for advertising your lost companion. I wish you all the best.

This is a worldwide forum. Please let us know specifically where Nelson is.

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Rodney Blue Fronted Amazon
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
So sorry Ruby flew off and hopefully she will also fly back again sometime today but you have received great information in the thread mentioned by others here as it will tell you about every possible avenue you can take to find Ruby and get her back home soon. I hope you get good news soon .

Most Reactions