Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
So I've been researching toys for african greys and it seems they're really big into shredding and foraging toys. I'm wondering what are some of your birds' favorites? I plan on spending some good money on playthings for Jojo if I do get accepted as his adopter. Everything i have is for cockatiels and smaller conures! LOL!

Also, what are your favorite bird toy web sites? I'm in Canada, so a Canuck site will be a bonus.

Thanks folks! I want to make sure I do my research!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Salty is about the size of a Grey, he likes wicker toys, paper toys ( that use a roll of paper) and the typical wood toys. Oh, and his tubular bell! He LOVES that bell!

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Birds have a wide variety of likes and dislikes when it comes to toys.

My #1 consideration is safety.
What’s it made of/ can it hurt my bird.
I lost one of my birds because it was chewing (and apparently eating) a cotton rope perch.
Many toys have cotton rope as a part of the toy.

It will take time and $$ to determine what dings your birds bell (pun intended).

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
So I've been researching toys for african greys and it seems they're really big into shredding and foraging toys. I'm wondering what are some of your birds' favorites? I plan on spending some good money on playthings for Jojo if I do get accepted as his adopter. Everything i have is for cockatiels and smaller conures! LOL!

Also, what are your favorite bird toy web sites? I'm in Canada, so a Canuck site will be a bonus.

Thanks folks! I want to make sure I do my research!
Here are 2 toys that both my Amazons and Bella my CAG like to play with .

Both toys are available at Petsmart.

The first toy has the cotton rope that I avoid but it's difficult for the bird to get to the rope until some of the wooden pieces have been .... removed LOL. Once the rope is exposed I remove the toy and reuse the pieces.

The second is very safe and again all my bigger birds enjoy playing with.
toy 1.JPG

toy2.JPG

vickieucb

Nov 16, 2023
Parrots
African Grey
My grey constantly banged his food and water bowls trying to get them out, so I bought him the metal measuring cups sold as parrot toys (Amazon). He loves those metal measuring cups, and he bangs them all day, so now he leaves his food and water bowls alone.
My guy likes anything that makes noise. He also likes to shred food safe cardboard.

Jul 23, 2023
Parrots
7 month old sun conure
I don't have a large bird like yours but my conure loves to chew! I've noticed when I make my conure foraging tray for my conure he tends to chew less since he is occupied. I agree with Texsize, my number one consideration is safety! My conjures current favorite toy is his tubular Bell.

Most Reactions

Latest posts