Alexandrine Breeding

Niaz

May 6, 2021
Hi!

I have 6 to 7 years old Alexandrine pair which did twice infertile eggs. Should I replaced male with another pair?
I just bought another Alexandrine male and female approximately of same age.
Should I replaced male of the infertile eggs laying female and can placed other male and female alone in other cage?

Should I keep them alone in the cage 1st or just exchanged males?

Please advice.:green:

Thanks

Noahs_Birds

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 24, 2019
Toowoomba/Highfields, QLD, Australia
Parrots
Yellow Sided GCC's, Rosa Bourkes Parrots, Full Red Fronted Turqoisine Parrots, Quaker Parrots 'Scomo PM' 'Jenny PM's wife', PLUS: Rare Finches, Doves and Quail
Take out all the nesting boxes and give the birds a good 6 month break. Feed them heaps of good food high in protein and calcium and put the nesting boxes back in after the 6 months. If they have infertile eggs again, keep the new pair together and breed a male from them and the male you breed from them you can swap with the male from the old pair

OP
N

Niaz

May 6, 2021
Take out all the nesting boxes and give the birds a good 6 month break. Feed them heaps of good food high in protein and calcium and put the nesting boxes back in after the 6 months. If they have infertile eggs again, keep the new pair together and breed a male from them and the male you breed from them you can swap with the male from the old pair

Thanks. I tried to put them together before your message now both the females keep chasing and attacking the new males.

I actually switched both males. I will keep the same pairing tomorrow again; I think it will take some time for the new :green:pairing.

Thanks

Most Reactions