alternitave to a happy hut

AVM

Oct 11, 2011
CA
Parrots
Female sun conure-Phoenix
I have been looking through out the website for answers...
I have a female sun conure and she loves her happy hut! but I have been reading in this forum that they can cause them to be a bit aggressive...
She likes to sleep on her back so I'm just wondering if there is something else I could put in her cage, to sleep in, instead of a happy hut. :)

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
OP
AVM

AVM

Oct 11, 2011
CA
Parrots
Female sun conure-Phoenix
This is similar to a hut,Betta Bed© Snuggly Hut Small - HUTS/TENTS by MY SAFE BIRD STORE, but I'm not sure if it will cure the aggresion. Remember that because she is a girl, giving her any type of hut or dark place can cause egg laying. Im sure you dont want any egg laying, this is what I use for my female gcc,Birdie Blankie Medium - HUTS/TENTS by MY SAFE BIRD STORE, and she loves it.

thank you!! around what age do they start laying eggs??? she doesn't have a mate so it shouldn't happen so often right??

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
They can start laying at 6 months. Not having a mate usually means that she wont lay often or at all but there are some females that lay every season regardless of having a mate or not.

Most Reactions