Amigo on high alert, giving the coyotes ****!

Mare Miller

Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
sierra foothills of central California
Parrots
13yr. old male umbrella cockatoo,
we call him Amigo!

7yr. old Goffin cockatoo, she IS Sassy!!
We've had a lot of coyotes in the area recently and have been losing some of our cats. Our dogs, they are getting up there in age, are not as brave as they use to be when the coyotes are near, I can hear the coyotes yipping and howling, right now!

Our dogs will bark but stay close to the house, which is a good thing. Amigo is a little way down the hill giving the coyotes some unwelcoming sounds, doing his wing flapping and general "you are in my territory and are not welcome here" voice. I'm just glad that coyotes can't fly!

Believe it or not! He moved them off!! Amigo, you are my hero:D

Last edited by a moderator:

lexx510

Mar 13, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Parrots
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure
Re: Amigo on high alert, giving the coyotes HELL!

Wow!! That is something else!

I think you may need a "BEWARE OF PARROT" sign on your fence instead of the typical dog ones, lol.

OP
Mare Miller

Mare Miller

Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
Parrots
we call him Amigo!

I think you may need a "BEWARE OF PARROT" sign on your fence instead of the typical dog ones, lol.

I think you're right lexx! Amigo will go off when he hears a car coming down the hill and will be in the closest tree to where they park when they pull in. He's just making sure, just in case...

lexx510

Mar 13, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Parrots

I think you're right lexx! Amigo will go off when he hears a car coming down the hill and will be in the closest tree to where they park when they pull in. He's just making sure, just in case...

That is hilarious! You have a guard-parrot on your hands, lol.

Does he live in an aviary?

OP
Mare Miller

Mare Miller

Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
Parrots
we call him Amigo!

Our aviary is still a work in progress. I really want to have it finished by the beginning of summer and that is just so's I have a place where Amigo can be taken care of when I'm gone for periods of time, and not have to worry about someone getting hurt and he'll still have some freedom. Right now, he's just out and about during the day and comes in for the evenings and bed time.

lexx510

Mar 13, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Parrots

Our aviary is still a work in progress. I really want to have it finished by the beginning of summer and that is just so's I have a place where Amigo can be taken care of when I'm gone for periods of time, and not have to worry about someone getting hurt and he'll still have some freedom. Right now, he's just out and about during the day and comes in for the evenings and bed time.

Reminds me of Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill. That's quite amazing. Are you worried about any potential predators in the area?

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011

You go, Amigo! I wish something here would scare off the coyotes.

OP
Mare Miller

Mare Miller

Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
Parrots
we call him Amigo!

Reminds me of Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill. That's quite amazing. Are you worried about any potential predators in the area?

Always a worry-but going on two years of free flight, Amigo's got a pretty good handle on the going's on in the area.

OP
Mare Miller

Mare Miller

Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
Parrots
we call him Amigo!

You go, Amigo! I wish something here would scare off the coyotes.

I know what you mean Roxy! My dogs have turned into wimps, Amigo's my only watch dog, (bird). I might have to bring in some new blood.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011

I don't have a dog anymore, but I guess I also don't have animals anymore that the coyotes stalk. No more goats or outdoor cats. And only one has come real close to the house. In fact I ran into it in my driveway on a very foggy evening. Talk about frightening once I realized WHAT I had bumped into. Later I figured out there was a rabbit stuck in the horse fence that it wanted.

Most Reactions

Latest posts