Amy and BB...

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
... This may be long :confused:
33 years ago Smokey (A.G. TAG) came home with me. She was a wild caught about 6 months old, a impulsive buy. After having a couple Budgies and being "settled" in my life it was time for a bird I always wanted. ( been a bird person since I was about 10 y.o. or so always feeding,housing,watering the wild kids). Smokes was about a year old when Amy came home with me,my then boss had Apollo, a gorgeous Blue Fronted Amazon. Always thought Amazons were just "green" with a few colors mixed in,boy was I wrong! Seeing Apollo fly around Frank's living room made my jaw drop! Stunning doesn't even come close with the vibrant reds and orange,yellow blue,purple...simply amazing! I knew when I left I wanted a B.F. so badly!

I was reading Bird Talk magazine back then and found a "breeder" not to far from me,he turned out to be,what my C.A.V. called..a bird pusher..buying and re-selling fids.
Thinking back,he was quite knowledgable about his "flock" and I learned a lot from him.
Amy was housed in a HUGE flight with 10 or 15 other flavored 'zon's..a few B.F.'s and DYH and YN's.
He told me to slowly walk around the flight and observe,to notice which birdy followed me and stopped and paid attention to me.
Some ran from me,others ignored me,and a couple lunged at the bars,Amy was the only one that followed me around,climbing over his flight mates,stopping when I did,looking right at me and moving his beaky when I talked to him. The "pusher" said "You have been chosen!"
So he took Amy out of the flight,told me to extend my arm making a fist and asking the bird to step-up which he hesitantly did. After about 10 minutes on my knee he lowered his head and I asked what gives? He told me he wants a head scratch lol. After 10 minutes of skritches Amy's head was laying sideways on my knee,eyes closed and beak wide open. The guy told me what to do,gave me a bag of pellets,a bag of formula saying give him a formula feeding just before Amy goes to bed for two weeks "It'll help with bonding"...so he came home with me that day.

Soooo Amy had brothers/sisters at the pushers house and came home to just Smokey,and Smokes had been an only fid living with only mom and I. She became VERY jealous of Amy,but Amy wanted to be friends,after all he just lost his flock.
One day they both were out together when Smokey snuck up on Amy pulling his tail making Amy yell then running back to her house laughing all the way!
A month or so later Smoke's walked up making kissy sounds to Amy going beaky to beaky. I thought Smokey was making up 'til I heard a blood curtling scream from Amy. I had to rush Amy to his CAV to have 5 stitches in his tongue...seems Smokey bit it! That was the last time I allowed them near each other!

26 or so years later Smokey flew across Rainbow Bridge...The night I put her to bed she was fine the next morning she was listless,head hung low,and leaning back and forth ready to fall off her perch. I rushed her to her CAV..in the carrier she couldn't hold her head up or pull her arms to her body..didn't even complain when I took her out of her house when normally she'd growl and nip.
The doc said she was dehydrated,underweight,couldn't grasp the docs finger with one foot and barely with the other. She was put in a healing box with heat and oxygen and told me they will do their best. I was told I could see her for a few minutes. Smokey allowed me to skritch her head and I told her Amy and I NEED her back home (would be on meds the rest of her life) That was the last time I saw her alive. Five minutes down the road I got a call,Smokey had passed away on the exam table. Xrays showed an enlarged heart/liver.

So now it was just Amy and me. I always had two fids. After weeks and weeks of crying,Amy noticing Smokey was no longer here,even he was depressed,just sitting on his sleep perch,not coming out of his mansion only moving to get something to munch on....at one point he finally climbed down his house,walked over to the couch and climbed up,to SNUGGLE under my chin and let me love on him,something he had never done before! He saw me laying on the couch crying and wanted to comfort me! (I believe). It was time for a new face!!

This is getting LONG I will continue later!!!!!

Jim

I

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

... This may be long :confused:
33 years ago Smokey (A.G. TAG) came home with me. She was a wild caught about 6 months old, a impulsive buy. After having a couple Budgies and being "settled" in my life it was time for a bird I always wanted. ( been a bird person since I was about 10 y.o. or so always feeding,housing,watering the wild kids). Smokes was about a year old when Amy came home with me,my then boss had Apollo, a gorgeous Blue Fronted Amazon. Always thought Amazons were just "green" with a few colors mixed in,boy was I wrong! Seeing Apollo fly around Frank's living room made my jaw drop! Stunning doesn't even come close with the vibrant reds and orange,yellow blue,purple...simply amazing! I knew when I left I wanted a B.F. so badly!

I was reading Bird Talk magazine back then and found a "breeder" not to far from me,he turned out to be,what my C.A.V. called..a bird pusher..buying and re-selling fids.
Thinking back,he was quite knowledgable about his "flock" and I learned a lot from him.
Amy was housed in a HUGE flight with 10 or 15 other flavored 'zon's..a few B.F.'s and DYH and YN's.
He told me to slowly walk around the flight and observe,to notice which birdy followed me and stopped and paid attention to me.
Some ran from me,others ignored me,and a couple lunged at the bars,Amy was the only one that followed me around,climbing over his flight mates,stopping when I did,looking right at me and moving his beaky when I talked to him. The "pusher" said "You have been chosen!"
So he took Amy out of the flight,told me to extend my arm making a fist and asking the bird to step-up which he hesitantly did. After about 10 minutes on my knee he lowered his head and I asked what gives? He told me he wants a head scratch lol. After 10 minutes of skritches Amy's head was laying sideways on my knee,eyes closed and beak wide open. The guy told me what to do,gave me a bag of pellets,a bag of formula saying give him a formula feeding just before Amy goes to bed for two weeks "It'll help with bonding"...so he came home with me that day.

Soooo Amy had brothers/sisters at the pushers house and came home to just Smokey,and Smokes had been an only fid living with only mom and I. She became VERY jealous of Amy,but Amy wanted to be friends,after all he just lost his flock.
One day they both were out together when Smokey snuck up on Amy pulling his tail making Amy yell then running back to her house laughing all the way!
A month or so later Smoke's walked up making kissy sounds to Amy going beaky to beaky. I thought Smokey was making up 'til I heard a blood curtling scream from Amy. I had to rush Amy to his CAV to have 5 stitches in his tongue...seems Smokey bit it! That was the last time I allowed them near each other!

26 or so years later Smokey flew across Rainbow Bridge...The night I put her to bed she was fine the next morning she was listless,head hung low,and leaning back and forth ready to fall off her perch. I rushed her to her CAV..in the carrier she couldn't hold her head up or pull her arms to her body..didn't even complain when I took her out of her house when normally she'd growl and nip.
The doc said she was dehydrated,underweight,couldn't grasp the docs finger with one foot and barely with the other. She was put in a healing box with heat and oxygen and told me they will do their best. I was told I could see her for a few minutes. Smokey allowed me to skritch her head and I told her Amy and I NEED her back home (would be on meds the rest of her life) That was the last time I saw her alive. Five minutes down the road I got a call,Smokey had passed away on the exam table. Xrays showed an enlarged heart/liver.

So now it was just Amy and me. I always had two fids. After weeks and weeks of crying,Amy noticing Smokey was no longer here,even he was depressed,just sitting on his sleep perch,not coming out of his mansion only moving to get something to munch on....at one point he finally climbed down his house,walked over to the couch and climbed up,to SNUGGLE under my chin and let me love on him,something he had never done before! He saw me laying on the couch crying and wanted to comfort me! (I believe). It was time for a new face!!

In flies Jonesy...
A good friend of mine who later became my girl friend..then EX girl friend lol has a brother DJ. Before I met him Arleen told me he had Pookie,a M2, Scooter a U2 and Jonesy, a Goffin 'too. DJ had had all three for 25 years or more. Arleen told him I was looking for a new birdy and he offered up Jonesy,saying he was causing trouble with Pookie..but BEFORE that,he told me a story of one day Scooter wanted to mate with Pookie real bad,they were both living in the same house. When Scooter tried to mount Pookie,she said NO in no uncertain terms p.o. Scooter so bad that he attacked Pookie ripping an eye out of it's socket! DJ rushed her to his CAV (same one I go to) and all they could do is remove the eye,it was hanging down her face :confused:
It get worse...when he got home he put Scooter in a carrier took him outside and hooked a hose to the tail pipe of car then inserting the other end into Scooters carrier,covering him up. In less than 10 minutes Scooter was gone. To me that was murder!!! After hearing that I no longer went to see him. So Pookie lived in a big house. She had ONE perch,a swing and one toy. Was living on just seed with an occasional piece of banana or pizza/pasta he told "oh she wont eat anything else". I bought her nutraberries and after they were happily chowed down on he wouldn't get her anymore. I braught over a couple of Amy's toy's he wouldn't play with anymore and Pookie ripped them apart and DJ telling me not to bring anymore over she just destroys them. Well DUHHHH! thats what they are made for!!!!

Let's get back to Jonesy..a.k.a "the beady eye'd little so-and-so" that I called him. DJ and his g.f. brought Jones to my place. I never interacted with any 'too before. Only knowledge I had was what I read/asked on this priceless forum. I got so much info from Scott who has five Goffie's (thanks for all your effort Scott!!) and many more 'too people.
Jones was dissheveled when he arrived. His chest clothes were gone,his rudder was damaged and torn apart and he was fed just seed. I took him to my CAV for a wellness/blood work and she said dispite his outside appearance he was in reasonably good shape :).
So it was time for a slow diet change. I had to buy a "tidy bowl" feeder..a plexi clear box and remove three bars from his house and hang it so he could get in and out. With regular bowl I find food/seed thrown across the living room floor,some landing twenty feet away under Amy's house and his bowl would be empty. I ended up filling it three times a day because of this. the tidy bowl ended all of his shinnanagans.
He was fairly friendly. Loved scratches. Would step most of the time. If he was on his roof however I had to cup my hands around his little body and almost pry off it. He talked very litte,a HELLO or "I'm a good cockatoo man" until one day when my son was over and we were watching a football game. All of a sudden out of the beady-eye'd-so-and-so's beak came "You're effin me you're effin me!!" as loud and as clear could be,, it turned out he picked it up from DJ cause thats what he said to his g.f. when she wouldn't help pay the bills. I looked at James and he at me.eyes wide and jaw dropped,I asked him "did he say what i THINK he said???" James said ummmm...yeah Dad he did! Now,the louder we talked the louder Jonesy said that. I was on the phone with the cable tv guy and he started in,loudly, the louder I talked the louder he did. The cable guy said laughing " Your kid has a potty mouth,no"? I said thats not my kid,it's my goffin cockatoo parrot. He couldn't believe it lol.

So Jonesy's clothes all came in beautifully..he was eating GOOD food. He enjoyed being out of his house. I just loved the way he hopped across the living room floor,hat held high as he twirled around and around sometimes jumping into the air. One day Arleen called me to the living room. From the hallway she said "look at this" pointing to the newspapers under Amy's mansion. The papers were moving this way and that,we watched in silence.All of a sudden a little white head poked out. He looked left,then right then froze when he saw us. I never saw a bird run so fast back to his own house it was histericle!!
Amy like Jonesy..we'd often find Jones on Amy's playpen both tugging/fighting for a toy. Amy was NEVER mean with him. Sometimes they'd preen each other. One night Arleen and I were at the kitchen table playing cribbage..Jonesy on my shoulder and Amy on Arleen's. All of a sudden Jonesy climbed down my arm,hopped over the crib board and started to climb up Arleen's arm to the shoulder Amy was on. Arleen lookes at me with a "what do I do now?" look but it was too late. Amy and Jones right there,they made kissy sounds to each other then Jonesy turned around,climbed back down Arleen's arm,hopped over the crib board and climbed back up my arm to me shoulder :oops:
We were both shocked and amazed..maybe Jonesy just wanted to introduce himself
Then it all went downhill from there :(
ITo be continues...

Last edited:
OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

A good friend of mine who later became my girl friend..then EX girl friend lol has a brother DJ. Before I met him Arleen told me he had Pookie,a M2, Scooter a U2 and Jonesy, a Goffin 'too. DJ had had all three for 25 years or more. Arleen told him I was looking for a new birdy and he offered up Jonesy,saying he was causing trouble with Pookie..but BEFORE that,he told me a story of one day Scooter wanted to mate with Pookie real bad,they were both living in the same house. When Scooter tried to mount Pookie,she said NO in no uncertain terms p.o. Scooter so bad that he attacked Pookie ripping an eye out of it's socket! DJ rushed her to his CAV (same one I go to) and all they could do is remove the eye,it was hanging down her face :confused:
It get worse...when he got home he put Scooter in a carrier took him outside and hooked a hose to the tail pipe of car then inserting the other end into Scooters carrier,covering him up. In less than 10 minutes Scooter was gone. To me that was murder!!! After hearing that I no longer went to see him. So Pookie lived in a big house. She had ONE perch,a swing and one toy. Was living on just seed with an occasional piece of banana or pizza/pasta he told "oh she wont eat anything else". I bought her nutraberries and after they were happily chowed down on he wouldn't get her anymore. I braught over a couple of Amy's toy's he wouldn't play with anymore and Pookie ripped them apart and DJ telling me not to bring anymore over she just destroys them. Well DUHHHH! thats what they are made for!!!!

Let's get back to Jonesy..a.k.a "the beady eye'd little so-and-so" that I called him. DJ and his g.f. brought Jones to my place. I never interacted with any 'too before. Only knowledge I had was what I read/asked on this priceless forum. I got so much info from Scott who has five Goffie's (thanks for all your effort Scott!!) and many more 'too people.
Jones was dissheveled when he arrived. His chest clothes were gone,his rudder was damaged and torn apart and he was fed just seed. I took him to my CAV for a wellness/blood work and she said dispite his outside appearance he was in reasonably good shape :).
So it was time for a slow diet change. I had to buy a "tidy bowl" feeder..a plexi clear box and remove three bars from his house and hang it so he could get in and out. With regular bowl I find food/seed thrown across the living room floor,some landing twenty feet away under Amy's house and his bowl would be empty. I ended up filling it three times a day because of this. the tidy bowl ended all of his shinnanagans.
He was fairly friendly. Loved scratches. Would step most of the time. If he was on his roof however I had to cup my hands around his little body and almost pry off it. He talked very litte,a HELLO or "I'm a good cockatoo man" until one day when my son was over and we were watching a football game. All of a sudden out of the beady-eye'd-so-and-so's beak came "You're effin me you're effin me!!" as loud and as clear could be,, it turned out he picked it up from DJ cause thats what he said to his g.f. when she wouldn't help pay the bills. I looked at James and he at me.eyes wide and jaw dropped,I asked him "did he say what i THINK he said???" James said ummmm...yeah Dad he did! Now,the louder we talked the louder Jonesy said that. I was on the phone with the cable tv guy and he started in,loudly, the louder I talked the louder he did. The cable guy said laughing " Your kid has a potty mouth,no"? I said thats not my kid,it's my goffin cockatoo parrot. He couldn't believe it lol.

So Jonesy's clothes all came in beautifully..he was eating GOOD food. He enjoyed being out of his house. I just loved the way he hopped across the living room floor,hat held high as he twirled around and around sometimes jumping into the air. One day Arleen called me to the living room. From the hallway she said "look at this" pointing to the newspapers under Amy's mansion. The papers were moving this way and that,we watched in silence.All of a sudden a little white head poked out. He looked left,then right then froze when he saw us. I never saw a bird run so fast back to his own house it was histericle!!
Amy like Jonesy..we'd often find Jones on Amy's playpen both tugging/fighting for a toy. Amy was NEVER mean with him. Sometimes they'd preen each other. One night Arleen and I were at the kitchen table playing cribbage..Jonesy on my shoulder and Amy on Arleen's. All of a sudden Jonesy climbed down my arm,hopped over the crib board and started to climb up Arleen's arm to the shoulder Amy was on. Arleen lookes at me with a "what do I do now?" look but it was too late. Amy and Jones right there,they made kissy sounds to each other then Jonesy turned around,climbed back down Arleen's arm,hopped over the crib board and climbed back up my arm to me shoulder :oops:
We were both shocked and amazed..maybe Jonesy just wanted to introduce himself
Then it all went downhill from there :(
Jonesy was on my hand getting skritches..Something snapped in his little head. He suddenly sunk his beak into my arm,twisting,pulling,tearing my flesh. Blood squirted every where! I was so surprised and in pain I shook my arm so hard he went flying off hitting the floor. He RAN after me mouth wide open. I had to throw a towel over him to catch him and put him back in his house. I let him think about it for awhile and tried once more...the same reaction. He became untrustworthy and DANGEROUS. I asked all sort of questions from parronts here,tried all advice to no avail. Then he begain to scream...LOUD! So bad that Amy yelled SHUT UP! Now I got worried that Amy would pick up on his screaming. Amy has NEVER screamed. Jonesy would scream before he got uncovered to well in the night at bed time. It was so bad I had to put him in the other bedroom and cover him up but he just kept on screaming.He was giving me migraines It was his time to go :(
There was a lady who owned a convenence store down the road. I had been in there many times with Amy. She told me she had birds before and was wanting another,she joked asking if i would sell her Amy. I told her about the little monster I had,she was interested even when I told her about all the bad things but she said it was ok she could "fix" him lol.
So I gave Jonesy to her and her family. Her daughter renamed him "BOB" :oops: TJ (the stores owner) said BOB was doing well..eating new foods (they were from Pakistan) TJ was intimidated a bit but her hubby jumped in with two feet. She told me her hub's would roll a golf ball sized plastic wiffle ball to Jones and he would hop after it and bring it back to hubby,this would go on until someone got tired lol.
They sold the store for some reason and I lost contact..until a month or so ago when I went to the local Cumbies where her son Mookie was working. He told me a few day's earlier that they rehomed him at the Rhode Island sanctuary that had burnt down a year earlier. As far as Mookie knows Jonesy id doing fine. Maybe he is in a place now that he was looking for. I pray he is well and happy.
Again it was just Amy and I...

To be continued...

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

It has always amazed and brought joy when I hear of our Parrots past with us. They each bring such a different story. Moments of frustration and days of joy! Thanks for the behind the curtains, good friend!!
In enters my little Fluff Boy..
So Amy and I are alone once again,we're still searching for that new friend,that sweet face,that happy little guy/gal.....
Thank the Lord for this awesome forum. Without it's amazing member's with mountains of experience and years/decades of them being parront's, I might have picked a buzzard :oops:
So after day's and day's of reading and reading about different fid's trying to decide...
Another Amazon? long lived and pricey. I still worry about what will become of Amy when the time comes.
An A.G.? same as another 'zon.
Ekkie? What a beautiful birdy! Dietary need's a little too much for me.
A Mac?? yikes! way too big and same as a grey or 'zon
Conure,parrolet,Quacker,'keet all very sweet but not my style.

When Deb's and I were married on a Friday or Saturday night we'd go to a friends parent's house to "drink" and play poker ;) Judy's parents had a pied something or other 'tiel named Corky. He would be let out of his house while we played. He'd chirp and sing and talk a little but his fav thing was to alight on someone's hand and "mark" the cards with his beak or drag one to the end of the table and throw it off. Aggro'd everyone but me! I thought it was funny,afterall I once had a Budgie that did that to me.

I went to the local pet shop for supplies for Amy. They had a table with sides all around with 6 or 7 baby Cacqui's running about and playing. I laid my hand down palm turned upward and one of the little darling's ran to it,jumping on it while dragging his/her little face up and down my hand rolling on his back kicking his legs then nibble my thumb then asking for skritches. He/she was so cool and sweet that I just wanted to put him in my pocket lol

I saw an add somewhere where a woman about 2.5 hours away was a breeder of Timneh A.G's she had 6 babies about 6 months old and one left to be sold. I emailed her and she sent photo's and a short video of her flock. They were all dna'd and the last one was female. I told her my story about Smokey and how long I've had birds. She wanted $1,600 for her baby which for being hand raised and cared for was a good price but still too high for me. I told her I am disabled living on a fixed income and she hemmed and hawed and mumbled to herself and said " Well this little girl is the last of this clutch and there won't be any until nest year..I'll give you a deal...$900.00..I almost **** myself! but then started thinking again about longevity and it wouldn't be fair to the birdy so I declined.

To be continued once again....

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Off to a magnificent start, Jim! You're a natural story teller and have wonderful fids to share!! I remember well your short, bittersweet time with Jonesy. Sometimes a "switch" flips in their heads and there's no turning back. You did the next best thing by finding a loving home!!

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Off to a magnificent start, Jim! You're a natural story teller and have wonderful fids to share!! I remember well your short, bittersweet time with Jonesy. Sometimes a "switch" flips in their heads and there's no turning back. You did the next best thing by finding a loving home!!
So after reading and reading it became clear a little cockatiel would be perfect match. I went to a breeder,he had all kinds of fid's with parents on site,except the 'keets,a couple different flavors of 'tiels...the baby 'grey's were ready for new homes at 4.5 month's old. There were 5 on a table,they all ran from me except one. He jumped on my hand and chirped ( didn't have his "voice" yet) and proceeded to climb my arm to my shoulder,asking for rubs. He came home with me that day :) $150...much cheaper than a pet store 'tiel. In his take-me-home box he chirped away.. I was thinking maybe he likes adventures too.

Back at the homestead I prepared his new home while he sat in his box,chirping and scratching the bottom....he wanted OUT pretty badly lol. Meanwhile Amy is hanging from his rafters upside down curiously watching. I scoop "Baby Bird",soon to be named BB out of his box,as he fluttered/tried to climb my arm. He was still in his baby clothes and couldn't fly yet. I helped him to my shoulder were he sat,chirping/scolding me/saying HI, I didn't know. Out of the blue Amy says "What is THAT???" Seriously folks,I can't make that up!!! I was beside myself lol. I told Amy it was OUR new friend.

I let Beeb's hang with me a good part of the day..he sat on my shoulder while I was online. He stepped up on my hand easily,he liked scratches. During the weeks to follow he'd try to run/walk to me. I laughed so hard when he ran,then jumped up waving his arms frantically,only to get airborne about a foot then gently land,but he kept at it lol.

Amy showed interest almost immediately. Climbing down his house and waddling over to BB's condo. He'd climb up to BB's roof and start head bobbing. I was concerned,sitting right next to BB's house watching Amy. Amy didn't and HAS NOT shown any aggression to BB ever. Only to ME if I try playing with the little boy. Amy will chase me,arms out,rudder flared,head floofy and chase me banging his beak on the floor. The instant he can't see BB anymore all is good. Their house's are close to each other. I had to attach an old bath towel to the side of Amy's house that faces BB or he'll just hang upside down,staring at BB making grumbles and head bob's.It's gone as far as Amy pulling the towel away so he can peer in at BB while he munches on pellets...it's like he's some sort of perv watching porn :confused:

Even now,5 years later..when I open Amy's front door in the morning to make brekky or any other time for that matter,if I turn away for just a few minutes Amy is already climbing down to get to BB. As soon as he see's me he turns right around a climbs up to his play pen. Amy destroys Any of BB's toy's on his roof. He'll walk around BB's house chewing on his perches that may stick out of the side. One time I heard a THUD then chirp chirp flap flap. Amy chewed a perch BB was on causing him to fall! No wonder BB nips at Amy's toes when he can...I would too!

I'm at a lose on what to do..moving one of them to another room is not an option.

OK I've rambled on long enough. Thanks to those who read this..This is the story of my wonderful fid's and my life with birds :)

THE END!!!

Jim

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Thank you for sharing the beautiful story of you and Amy and BB, Uncle Jim. My little flock and i have loved following your journey with you - but it can't be "THE END"! I think I speak for everybody when I say we want MORE!! :D

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
Thank you so much for sharing your story!! I was waiting endlessly to see when does Beebs join the flock. I'm so glad that Amy is so soft towards BB!

Lord, their relationship somehow reminds me of Pascal (conure) and Csilli (tiny budgie). Pascal ALWAYS is crawling over her cage and munching away on her toys. And the toe nipping is so frequent too - they never learn, do they! Just It's so hard for me to imagine such a big bird (compared to a 'tiel) being a little softy! Are they ever out together? Also, where are the pics? We demand pictures of the two, Jim!

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Thank you so much for sharing your story!! I was waiting endlessly to see when does Beebs join the flock. I'm so glad that Amy is so soft towards BB!

Lord, their relationship somehow reminds me of Pascal (conure) and Csilli (tiny budgie). Pascal ALWAYS is crawling over her cage and munching away on her toys. And the toe nipping is so frequent too - they never learn, do they! Just It's so hard for me to imagine such a big bird (compared to a 'tiel) being a little softy! Are they ever out together? Also, where are the pics? We demand pictures of the two, Jim!

Yes the are sometimes out together but under close supervision. Sometimes BB is with me in this room (computer room) and Amy will be on his playpen..then I hear HELLO? HELLO??? aS it gets louder and in a couple minutes here comes Amy walking into the room looking for you know who. I do have pics somewhere in my files I'll try to locate them!

Jim

Most Reactions

Latest posts