And a funny story here!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
..David has been trying to make friends with Amy. He wants so desperately to "skritch the bird" as he puts it. In the evening both fids come out for awhile. Because Amy is so dang obcessed with BB and will NOT leave him alone, I have to take one of them with me while I either watch tv in my bedroom or play on this thing. I usually take BB (or he'll scream his full head off wanting to be with me,and aggravate David who just wants to relax after work and watch tv) and Amy usually sits on his playpen eating remnants of nutraberries or plays with his toys.
David will get up and talk to Amy and ask him if he can "skritch the bird".
Well a couple times now,David has come to see me all smiles and say " I skritched the bird!:D"

This morning,like every morning,I uncover Amys' mansion first and say good morning,then BB as he says "hello" to me and I rub his beak and head,then back to Amy for a little chat.
He was hanging upside down from his mansions bars as I told him that Uncle David was so excited last night coz he got to skritch the bird. I will swear on my parents grave Amy said "skritch the bird"!:eek:
Am I just wishing?? did I imagine it?? lol I still don't know!!

Jim

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I'd vote you heard it as stated (95 to 1 odds in favor).

Just remember that Amazons have a strong Love Who You're With Thing and that could change things. That said, if you continue your time with Amy, you could end-up with a well socialized Amazon that will happily enjoy time with both of you.
Enjoy the journey!

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
I agree that’s what you heard! They throw out words at the oddest times.

My husband was watching YouTube videos of chainsaws and Stanley seemed fascinated by them. So I told him that they were chainsaws - and I swear the little dude just spit out “chainsaw”. Thankfully my husband heard it too or I would have thought I was losing my mind :)

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Yah, I think he heard right, Jim. Dont take much to get 'zon to say stuff. geri's been singing "Bingo" to Salty, substituting his name for Bingo's. To night We both heard him start to sing the melody.....

Kudos to Uncle Dave for his patience.

HEEDLESS

Supporting Member
Nov 9, 2018
Media
US
Parrots
Eclectus: SI. Vosmaeri
"KISE" She was born in Jan, 2018.
"Akashi" He hatched 07/13/2021.
Mr. Jim.. Amy said it.... You heard it LOUD and CLEAR alright..

**HUGS**

Most Reactions