And the results of Pixel's blood panel...

HalfInsane

Dec 23, 2011
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Pixel: female senegal, hatched Dec 15, 2011
... are perfectly boring! Took long enough. Apparently the lab my clinic uses is none too organized.

Just a regular check up, but what a relief. I recently was hired for a new job at BC Hydro (government job, its the company that provides electrcity to the province). Except when I gave my old boss my two weeks, he completely lost it, and told me to get the $*#%?@ out. He apparently can't understand why I'd go for a job with double the pay, on salary, which will lead in to an even better paying career for me. Did I mention my former job was getting grossly underpaid to supervise at a little bistro?

Between that and a very long and involved background check, I have now been unemployed for three weeks. Only temporary, but I've been worrying about those test results. I can rest easy now! Oh. And ramen noodles for lunch.

OP
HalfInsane

HalfInsane

Dec 23, 2011
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Yeah, my old boss was a little... unstable. I start on the 10th though. Fortunately I'm quite careful about saving my money, or I'd be in real trouble.

goalerjones

Oct 24, 2011
Parrots
Hahn's macaw, RIP George, Jenday Conure
... are perfectly boring! Took long enough. Apparently the lab my clinic uses is none too organized.
Did I mention my former job was getting grossly underpaid to supervise at a little bistro?

Well, to be fair ur avatar does call ur sanity into question... but congrats on the normal, albeit delayed results.

QuackQuack

Oct 20, 2011
Midwest USA
Parrots
KITTY: Pineapple Green Cheek Conure (2 year old)
BODE: Nanday Conure (5 years old)
KIWI & BLUE: English Budgerigars (RIP after 10 years)
I'm do glad you've left a job where you weren't appreciated! I'm sure your fid is enjoying your little staycation! I'm on leave from work right now and Kitty is taking total advantage ordering me about and coming up with all sorts of things we should be doing!

OP
HalfInsane

HalfInsane

Dec 23, 2011
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Oh, she loved it haha. She gets really upset when I leave in the morning now. Makes me feel guilty! I even wake up an hour early to spend time with her, but its not the same of course. Poor dear. I'll be sure to shower her in toys and the like next pay cheque.

QuackQuack

Oct 20, 2011
Midwest USA
Parrots
KITTY: Pineapple Green Cheek Conure (2 year old)
BODE: Nanday Conure (5 years old)
KIWI & BLUE: English Budgerigars (RIP after 10 years)
If I know I'm going to have a busy day, I usually have Kitty come in the shower with me, and she forgives me the time away!

Most Reactions

Latest posts