Another batch..

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
...of birdie moo-fin's..:59:

Today is kind of a crummy/lazy day. It's been dang freezing here the last week or so. Currently in the single numbers during the day and well into the minuses at night,and it is currently snowing :15: So I decided to try and make more muffin's.
So I had the kid's join me in the kitchen,Amy on his table-top T-stand,looking out the kitchen window,watching the snow fall,and the Beeb's..where else??..but on my shoulder.

With today's batch,I added a couple new item's ( a 1/4 cup of 100% pure honey,from 100% real Beezzz:05:) and a 1/4 cup of ground up honey/oats cheerio's.
This time I lowered the baking rack one level and extended the baking time to 45 minutes. I added a tablespoon of coconut oil and also lightly coated the muffin paper cups.
The aroma of these things baking was incredible! Smelled just like something MOM would bake lol.

I was able to bake two dozen muffin's. They are cooling at this moment,however I did try,while they were warmer,to remove the muffin cup without leaving 1/4 of the muffin stuck to the cup,and the moofin came out intact,in one piece:D
So,just for s**** and giggles I took a couple pictures of the process.

BTW...the kid's were NOT in the kitchen while the baking was in progress,just while I was making a mess preparing!!

Jim

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Those look great, Jim! I'd love to see pics of Amy and BB enjoying them, pretty please?

Shine

Nov 3, 2016
Northern Nevada
Parrots
Fidget - BFA, Addy - Red Lored
Those look perfect! I bet they will snarf them right up!

(Are you going to post the recipe....please?)

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Those look great, Jim! I'd love to see pics of Amy and BB enjoying them, pretty please?

I'll try to get one Terry..right now,I think both of their tummy's are full,from sampling lol.
I actually took a bite from one:05: The inside is moist,like a muffin should be,and the outer parts are crunchy,again.like a muffin should be! And I believe the 1/4 cup of honey really completed the recipe :D Honestly,they don't taste half bad!!

Jim

jugoya

Mar 7, 2013
Shreveport, La USA
Parrots
Porter (Broto); Fuggles(Budgie)
Dunno if you saw this or not :p

Also here is a bird safe/People safe muffin mixture!

1 cup Organic almond flour; 1 cup Organic bran flour
1 Sweet potato
2 tsp Cinnamon
honey to taste
one egg
2 tblespoons Coconut Oil!

Mix; and bake at 400 degrees until brown on top; test with a toothpick!

Tried and true mixture.

Most Reactions