Another outing...

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
...it's a very warm day here so I decided to take the green dino for a ride,he just loves to go places and loves being outside in the fresh air and sunshine.
So he was on my shoulder and as I opened the car door he looked at me and said "go for a ride? in the car?" It still amazes me on how smart these creatures are,and he uses inflections in his voice,when he asks a question you KNOW it's a question and not just words.
Again,he is a totally different bird when going places. He'll talk a bit,and do all sorts of Amazon speak. He is a gentle soul with me..gently trying to remove my sunglasses,or nibbling my ear or preening my beard. He doesn't do that when in the house!
I make sure to drive thru town. At a light sometimes the car next to us will look and say "oh what a pretty bird" or just "Hi bird!" Last week when we were going to Popeyes for chicken the guy next to us at the red light rolled down his window and called me Jack Sparrow :D
It is a real joy having Amy with me when we go places and I can see how much he loves going places. Because of this pandemic thing I don't see many critters anymore at the pet shop..a couple budgies or a tiel or two,no green armed BeeBee's for Amy to chat to ( they would come to the side of the cage and chat back at him) Doggo's are scarce too.
I'm hoping that when winter comes David can help me design/build a fiberglass sidecar for my Harley to take him for a bike ride :rolleyes:

I keep forgetting to bring my camera for pictures.
You folks are prolly getting bored hearing about our adventures lol

Jim

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Never a boring moment when talking about being out and about with one's Dinos!

Julio is a rider as well. When we are back and forth between home and the cottage, he loves to watch people in other vehicles as we travel the highways and byways. Lots of stories of bored individuals coming alive as they realize that they are passing by an SUV with a Parrot looking at them. That commonly is when they get animated...

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Blue fronts getting out and about for the win!

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.

Julio is a rider as well. When we are back and forth between home and the cottage, he loves to watch people in other vehicles as we travel the highways and byways. Lots of stories of bored individuals coming alive as they realize that they are passing by an SUV with a Parrot looking at them. That commonly is when they get animated...

'Boats I have posted before about someone posting on our towns "neighborhood" page saying "has anyone seen the guy driving his car with the parrot on his shoulder??" Or when we went to visit Al and Salty,the gate keeper for the Triboro Bridge said "you made my day...no I mean my MONTH!"

It's so cool to see the positive reactions MOST people have when seeing a parrot out and about with his/her parront :D

Jim

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon

'Boats I have posted before about someone posting on our towns "neighborhood" page saying "has anyone seen the guy driving his car with the parrot on his shoulder??" Or when we went to visit Al and Salty,the gate keeper for the Triboro Bridge said "you made my day...no I mean my MONTH!"

It's so cool to see the positive reactions MOST people have when seeing a parrot out and about with his/her parront :D

Jim

So very true Jim!

We had a family in a Minivan tracking along side of us with the kids in the windows looking at Julio! And as is so natural for Amazons, Julio is just off my hand near the steering wheel providing a 'full-on Amazon Display' for them!

Most Reactions

Latest posts