Any GC conure breeders know what this baby could be?

Dianay2010

Jul 25, 2021
Long story short... I put a deposit down on a GC conure baby to pick up around 5 weeks to handfeed myself(since I have experience with raising/handfeedinf sun conures) but the breeder changed it up and said I need to pick one up today or I lose my deposit due to unforseen situation.

And to be honest ... I'm kind of really upset. Not only do I have to take it super early... I specifically wanted a pineapple or a lighter colored GC conure with lots of yellow or red. But I had to choose without knowing what colors they would be. This baby had the lightest beak but still has dark around the beak. Does anyone have an idea any POSSIBILITIES? Of what color variation this baby could be? Breeder said parents are yellow sided & cinnamon so it will be one of those in the beginning. But later swore up and down and said it will be a pineapple... but it looks way too dark to be pineapple or cinnamon. Could it be normal green cheek? Any inputs would be appreciated

1627194966852.jpg

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Sorry, but one of the reality of buying very young chicks is that until they begin molting their first set of feathers it can be very difficult to differentiate within species. It is one of the reasons that true Breeders band their young parrots.

Bec078

Aug 31, 2021
Parrots
Pineapple conures
Long story short... I put a deposit down on a GC conure baby to pick up around 5 weeks to handfeed myself(since I have experience with raising/handfeedinf sun conures) but the breeder changed it up and said I need to pick one up today or I lose my deposit due to unforseen situation.

And to be honest ... I'm kind of really upset. Not only do I have to take it super early... I specifically wanted a pineapple or a lighter colored GC conure with lots of yellow or red. But I had to choose without knowing what colors they would be. This baby had the lightest beak but still has dark around the beak. Does anyone have an idea any POSSIBILITIES? Of what color variation this baby could be? Breeder said parents are yellow sided & cinnamon so it will be one of those in the beginning. But later swore up and down and said it will be a pineapple... but it looks way too dark to be pineapple or cinnamon. Could it be normal green cheek? Any inputs would be appreciated

View attachment 26334
What did it end up being?

Most Reactions