Any good recommendations for a travel carrier or cage

Jul 23, 2023
Parrots
7 month old sun conure
when I got my conure he came with a small travel carrier. I personally don’t like it it’s has a plastic perch that is removable but it’s hard to find a wooden perch that fits the size. Overall I don’t like the materials it made out of. Does anyone have a good recommendation or tips on how to find a good travel carrier or cage? My conure is a little over a year. Also what is the recommended size?

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
The absolute best, Rolls Royce of travel cages is the Pak-o-Bird by Celti. Superbly made, very thoughtfully engineered and designed. Many sizes and options can be had. But they ain't cheap! My Salty loves his.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
I'm here to sing the praises of the pak-o-bird as well. It's a great carrier. Bumble has traveled coast-to-coast by plane in hers probably half a dozen times and the TSA agents always comment on it. She also does the 39 minute drive to my sister's place with me weekly or more. We've had it for 6 years I think and it's still in great shape.

I would think a conure would need a small or medium. Bumble is a Parrotlet and. XS is perfect for her. If you decide to buy one go directly to their website rather than through Amazon. You'll have better options and I think there are recommended sizes based on species. . The ARE spendy but they're high quality and I've never regretted the purchase.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
What I love about them is they can be completely, not dissasembled (because its all one big thing), but more opened up and laid flat for cleaning, bith inside and out. THink of a cereal box opened at its seams and laid flat as one piece of cardboard. Lots of places to attach belts, straps etc, velcro closures where you need them. Such a well thought out product!

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
What I love about them is they can be completely, not dissasembled (because its all one big thing), but more opened up and laid flat for cleaning, bith inside and out. THink of a cereal box opened at its seams and laid flat as one piece of cardboard. Lots of places to attach belts, straps etc, velcro closures where you need them. Such a well thought out product!
Yes and also if someone didn't use it often, laying flat for storage could be useful. I use mine way too much for that but I did open it out flat so it took up less room in the car on my cross-country drive (had her in her "vacation condo" for that because that much time in the pak-o-bird would not have been good).

OP
Mango the Sun Conure
Jul 23, 2023
Parrots
7 month old sun conure
The absolute best, Rolls Royce of travel cages is the Pak-o-Bird by Celti. Superbly made, very thoughtfully engineered and designed. Many sizes and options can be had. But they ain't cheap! My Salty loves his.
Thank you for the recommendation! You weren’t lying.. they aren’t cheap but it seems well worth it!

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Seconding Pak-O-Bird! Quite possibly one of the greatest bird-related purchases I've ever made lol

Chenetaqwa

Jul 16, 2022
Parrots
Winston ... 6 month old green cheek conure
4 budgies ( parakeet)
when I got my conure he came with a small travel carrier. I personally don’t like it it’s has a plastic perch that is removable but it’s hard to find a wooden perch that fits the size. Overall I don’t like the materials it made out of. Does anyone have a good recommendation or tips on how to find a good travel carrier or cage? My conure is a little over a year. Also what is the recommended size?
The cages I bought for my 2 green cheeked conures is from Chewy and is reasonably priced... I attached a screen shot
Screenshot_20240206_091719_Chrome.jpg

Most Reactions

Latest posts