April 2020 POTM Contest!!!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
See, I think I figured it out. You know how people convert dog age to people years? Like one human year is supposed to be 7 in dog years? Welllllllllllll... six feet in people distance equals about one millimeter in these parrots!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
See, I think I figured it out. You know how people convert dog age to people years? Like one human year is supposed to be 7 in dog years? Welllllllllllll... six feet in people distance equals about one millimeter in these parrots!
Gail, I think you're on to something here lol!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
24159d1586800048-april-2020-potm-contest-f8d8f9f3-589c-4e41-8903-ea46b912db5e_1_201_a.jpg
Less time at work and school means more time outside flying!!:red::red::red:

What a spectacular shot! Such brilliant colors! And the joy on both faces! Love it!

24162d1586813604-april-2020-potm-contest-20191130_201040.jpg
Mango, Cosmo, and Rio. All Males!

Hahahahaha! At least Mango seems to be working a little social distance, there. But check the look on that little face! I think someone's about to close the gap!

Oh, btw, is this one just for fun? Or is it replacing the other as an entry?

Jasper is not "Truly" NOT social distancing at 5 O'CLOCK.
glub glub glub. He loves cold cans and bottles.
24172d1586834200-april-2020-potm-contest-img_1320.jpg

Yup, Jasper is eyeing that can with that, "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" look. But he's busted! Only 18? Just back away, buddy. Nice and slow!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
:ip: Just for fun, Squeaky (right) grooming Abby during quarantine! :ip:​
0MaQzzf.jpg

:ip: Just for fun, Abby, Peanut, and Squeaky maintaining minimal distance. At least they are positioned boy-girl-boy! :ip:​
xRuXox7.jpg

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
:ip: Just for fun, Squeaky (right) grooming Abby during quarantine! :ip:​
0MaQzzf.jpg

:ip: Just for fun, Abby, Peanut, and Squeaky maintaining minimal distance. At least they are positioned boy-girl-boy! :ip:​
xRuXox7.jpg

Hahahahaha! Love these, brother! Props to Abby, Peanut and Squeaky for maintaining 6 inch social distancing! (Yeah, it's supposed to be six feet, but when you factor in the relative sizes...)

Though Squeaky and Abby obviously tossed it all out the window with their grooming session. Lol! But who could blame them?

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
JFF and not a parrot, but seems fitting:)

This is an old picture of my daughter's sweet MacGyver, ahead of his time in practicing an escape in case his humans are ever forced to be home 24/7.

J6fNmi5.jpg

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Here is a JFF...Amy and BB have no clue what social distancing is...

Jim
24203d1587327601-april-2020-potm-contest-img_1181.jpg

Last edited:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

Jim

Love this pic, Jim! The look on Amy's and BB's face suggests a long suffering couple, struggling to figure out what to say!

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
JFF and not a parrot, but seems fitting:)

This is an old picture of my daughter's sweet MacGyver, ahead of his time in practicing an escape in case his humans are ever forced to be home 24/7.

J6fNmi5.jpg

Hahahahaha! MacGyver is aptly named! This is hilarious! And a month in on my own quarantine, I can surely identify!

Jim
24203d1587327601-april-2020-potm-contest-img_1181.jpg

Indeed, Jim. They have no idea! Lol! Funny, my wife saw this pic and had a completely different take. Her caption for BB? "Try me! I dare you!" With Amy wisely backing down from the challenge and sidling as far over as he can manage. Once I pictured it that's the image that stayed with me. Lol!

melody1968

Apr 22, 2020
Media
perth
Parrots
corella
Stuck on the lounge during COVID (9th April) and this cheeky lil corella doesn't care about social distancing at all!

[ame="https://youtu.be/ZdjS9f8EWos"]https://youtu.be/ZdjS9f8EWos[/ame] note the galahs flying in the back ground

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Stuck on the lounge during COVID (9th April) and this cheeky lil corella doesn't care about social distancing at all!

https://youtu.be/ZdjS9f8EWos note the galahs flying in the back ground

Loving the total lack of regard for anything resembling social distance! Lol! That's how our fids roll!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
A JFF Throwback. When Bixby wished social-distancing was a thing. Maya LOVED her some Bixby! Lol!
JO11PnP.jpg

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
A JFF Throwback. When Bixby wished social-distancing was a thing. Maya LOVED her some Bixby! Lol!
JO11PnP.jpg

Oh my heart! This pic is so incredibly sweet of Dear Bixby & Maya.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Salty and my son Erik, not keeping social distancing while he washes the dishes.

wrench13-albums-salty-pics-picture21950-washing-dishes.jpg

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Salty and my son Erik, not keeping social distancing while he washes the dishes.

wrench13-albums-salty-pics-picture21950-washing-dishes.jpg

Nope, not a hint of social distancing, there! And check the look on his face. Salty knows it, too! Daring us to say something. Lol!

Cycletim

Mar 22, 2020
Ventura, California
Parrots
Jasper Congo African Grey,
Grover Red bellied parrot RIP 10/20,
Red bellied parrot Rheya
Ok this our official entry the last one was for fun.
LUzsJgU.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1322.jpg
    IMG_1322.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 116
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Ok this our official entry the last one was for fun.
LUzsJgU.jpg

Starting to think your little guy might need an intervention! Lol!

Moderator note: No birds were actually inebriated in the making of this image. Lol!

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
JO11PnP.jpg

Oh my heart! This pic is so incredibly sweet of Dear Bixby & Maya.

JO11PnP.jpg

An incredible timeless image.

Thanks, Terry and Scott! I miss Bixby to this day, but the memories captured in pics like these always bring a smile to my face. He was such a easy-going, laid back kind of bird. Suave, you know? But Maya wasn't about taking her time and going slow. She was always revved up and ready to go when it came to him! Lol! He liked her, but obviously felt she was far too 'full on' for him. It was hilarious to watch.

Most Reactions