Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
So funny that this is the topic; Bath Time. I’m completely obsessed with bath time pictures! What a beautiful bunch of birdies our community has! Just love it! 🥰❤️
and of course, no bath. Would be finished without attention to the toes! Just fun photo;

View attachment 38009
Proper toe care is so important, and Sunny is really making sure they are perfectly clean:)

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Nothing is simultaneously more funny AND beautiful than a bathing bird! Right?? Stunning and hysterical. Great, great photos!

Okay, this is just for fun since he's not technically WET, YET! The photo is so old that I can't even remember it, but I do THINK I recognize the tile from our first house in New Mexico, @ 1988...
View attachment 38010

"Mmmmmmm, yehhh, jest right!"
LOL, that was exactly my first thought, that Rb was testing the water temp. This made me laugh so hard.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
This looks like Sunny is getting ready to blow bubbles and make motorboat sounds 🤣
View attachment 38016

And talk about getting into the ‘Shake’!! Sunny is doing a great wet dog impersonation!
View attachment 38017
I am just loving this topic!!!🥰
Is it possible to take a bad pic of Sunny? Because every one of these are amazing, and we even were treated to an action shot!

PyroParrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 30, 2021
Parrots
Sunny: Sun conure, hatch 2/2021
Awww thanks Terry! Very sweet of you. Like I said, I’m totally obsessed with this topic🤣. Sunny gets very frequent baths every, to every other day and I take tons of pictures each time. I end up having to delete a huge portion of them for blurring, etc but do manage to get a few great ones. Between Sunny and the dog I’m filling up the cloud!!🤣🤣

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Awww thanks Terry! Very sweet of you. Like I said, I’m totally obsessed with this topic🤣. Sunny gets very frequent baths every, to every other day and I take tons of pictures each time. I end up having to delete a huge portion of them for blurring, etc but do manage to get a few great ones. Between Sunny and the dog I’m filling up the cloud!!🤣🤣
Haha, nothing better to fill up the cloud with than your babies:)

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)

Official entry: Sammy’s first bath at our house! His feathers were kind of greasy and funky; in line with what I would expect to see in nicotine stained feathering. But he looooooved the bath. I was spraying him while also leaving the shower running and let him decide which he wanted. I don’t know if you can hear him over the shower but the noises he makes are so cute!

And a photo in case videos aren’t allowed:
95BEECD4-071C-4698-AA14-417C7BF2A799.jpeg

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
View attachment 38063

Official entry: Sammy’s first bath at our house! His feathers were kind of greasy and funky; in line with what I would expect to see in nicotine stained feathering. But he looooooved the bath. I was spraying him while also leaving the shower running and let him decide which he wanted. I don’t know if you can hear him over the shower but the noises he makes are so cute!

View attachment 38064
Love love love

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
I have maybe just a few pictures of wet birdies floating around lol! I'll go with Tucker first. :) JFF.
Vy4LZGj.jpg

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
View attachment 38063

View attachment 38064
Oh my gosh, Sammy is enjoying that bath with pure abandon! Yep, Videos are allowed, but I also appreciate the precious picture to go along with it. To see him enjoying that so much makes my heart hurt a little at wondering how long it had been since he had last had a bath. Thank goodness those days are over now:)

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
I have maybe just a few pictures of wet birdies floating around lol! I'll go with Tucker first. :) JFF.
Vy4LZGj.jpg
LOL, Tucker is like, what are you lookin at, Dad? That little bunch of feathers stuck up on his head is hysterical.

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
~~~
Just for fun: his face when I stopped spraying him with the mister… “excuse me, I wasn’t DONE yet!”

EFD8FDF1-AC8C-421D-9211-B3057228174A.jpeg

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Just for fun: his face when I stopped spraying him with the mister… “excuse me, I wasn’t DONE yet!”

View attachment 38095
Yup! They definitely let you know if they're not done yet. My Baxter hangs upside down off of the shower perch to get maximum spritzing, and if I turn the water off before she's ready, boy does she tell me a thing or two! 🤣

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots

View attachment 38095
Yep, with a look on his face I hope you started again immediately!

BTW, I love his perch in there! Did you make that?

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
~~~
Yep, with a look on his face I hope you started again immediately!

BTW, I love his perch in there! Did you make that?

No! The local parrot shop has an employee who was making them. I don’t remember how much he charged but it was really cheap, and he included a smaller pipe to take apart and clean it. It has pins so it can be raised or lowered but I lost one and keep forgetting to ask him for another! It’s great, we love it.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
No! The local parrot shop has an employee who was making them. I don’t remember how much he charged but it was really cheap, and he included a smaller pipe to take apart and clean it. It has pins so it can be raised or lowered but I lost one and keep forgetting to ask him for another! It’s great, we love it.
That's awesome, I like it better than any other one I've seen. That guy should start an online store, I bet he would make a killing.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts