Parrots
2 beautiful lovies

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Sorry looking closely at the seed you pictured - really not too keen I'm afraid.

Parakeet Diet Small Quantity | View bird food product They will deal direct I think.
Thank you very much adding this to the list.

Could you tell me what about the ingrediants makes it bad, i honestly thought it was quite good [emoji85]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Peanuts mentioned 2x, is one. They list ingredients in biggest quantity first on the list. Sit and compare the ingredients of the two packs for yourself as an exercise :)

OP
minxydoodles

minxydoodles

Mar 24, 2015
london
Parrots
2 beautiful lovies
Sorry looking closely at the seed you pictured - really not too keen I'm afraid.

Parakeet Diet Small Quantity | View bird food product They will deal direct I think.

Could you tell me what about the ingrediants makes it bad, i honestly thought it was quite good [emoji85]

Peanuts mentioned 2x, is one. They list ingredients in biggest quantity first on the list. Sit and compare the ingredients of the two packs for yourself as an exercise :)
I will do that !
Thanks for pointing that out i didn't even see it was down twice maybe i should go Specsavers LOL

Im going to check if its at pets at home as its closeby if not will order it online as its lovely & cheap [emoji2]

Thanks again

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.

I will do that !
Thanks for pointing that out i didn't even see it was down twice maybe i should go Specsavers LOL

Im going to check if its at pets at home as its closeby if not will order it online as its lovely & cheap [emoji2]

Thanks again

I was able to get at a local pet shop but just familiarise yourself + the Tidymix packaging first so you know the real thing LOL. Look for the exp dates also. :)

Scarletts and Northern Parrots also do it I think? Hope Gentleheart's suggestions were good for you and you will have veggie success with your two?

OP
minxydoodles

minxydoodles

Mar 24, 2015
london
Parrots
2 beautiful lovies
I will do that !

Thanks again

I was able to get at a local pet shop but just familiarise yourself + the Tidymix packaging first so you know the real thing LOL. Look for the exp dates also. :)

Scarletts and Northern Parrots also do it I think? Hope Gentleheart's suggestions were good for you and you will have veggie success with your two?
Lol im going to check northern parrots i need to send some stuff i got back anyway so might aswell just get it from them.

Yes i will defo give those suggestions a try i know icey will attack it so either way as long as it goes in her mouth im happy LOL

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
I will do that !

Thanks again

Lol im going to check northern parrots i need to send some stuff i got back anyway so might aswell just get it from them.

Yes i will defo give those suggestions a try i know icey will attack it so either way as long as it goes in her mouth im happy LOL

Do they like quinoa? If they like some of it cooked and/or sprouted then other things can be added. :)

OP
minxydoodles

minxydoodles

Mar 24, 2015
london
Parrots
2 beautiful lovies

Do they like quinoa? If they like some of it cooked and/or sprouted then other things can be added. :)
I havent actually tried the rice/pasta types to see if they like it i honestly didnt know they could eat this stuff i only assumed they could have fruits & vegs [emoji85]

gentleheart

Feb 25, 2016
Parrots
Baby the Peachfaced Lovebird
Zupreem has lots of added artificial coloring, flavors, and sugars. Like I mentioned, I would try it as a transitional food, but not the permanent pellet brand. Zupreem's "natural" versions might be OK. I always used Roudybush as it is what a breeder I knew used and just knew it to be a good brand.

Harrison's is top of the line if I remember correctly. Supposed to be even better than Roudybush. Don't just take my word for it though, google/research it as I don't know if I remembered correctly or not!

If I were you, I would use the seed to transition to pellets (I'm not one for wasting food, even when it's not the best stuff. I use it up) and save the nutriberries as treats. One per bird per day should be plenty.

OP
minxydoodles

minxydoodles

Mar 24, 2015
london
Parrots
2 beautiful lovies
Zupreem has lots of added artificial coloring, flavors, and sugars. Like I mentioned, I would try it as a transitional food, but not the permanent pellet brand. Zupreem's "natural" versions might be OK. I always used Roudybush as it is what a breeder I knew used and just knew it to be a good brand.

Harrison's is top of the line if I remember correctly. Supposed to be even better than Roudybush. Don't just take my word for it though, google/research it as I don't know if I remembered correctly or not!

If I were you, I would use the seed to transition to pellets (I'm not one for wasting food, even when it's not the best stuff. I use it up) and save the nutriberries as treats. One per bird per day should be plenty.
Thank you for mentioning that

I was attracted to it by all the colours silly me [emoji85] lol

Im ordering tops for their pellets & tidymix seeds for their transition as i think your right they will defo be more interested in the seeds so more easier to move to pellets (thanks plumsmum [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] ) and leave nutriberries for their treats [emoji106]

Now thats sorted just have to force them to eat their veggies and get bluey better !!!!! [emoji85]

Most Reactions

Latest posts