Are lovebirds attracted to the sound of other lovebirds?

Caitlynn

Jun 7, 2022
Parrots
Cockatiel and Lovebird
These two lovebirds got out and the neighborhood they're in is 7 minutes away from the neighborhood I'm in, so with my logic if I take my lovebird outside and he chirps, they will be attracted to other birds and come over. They've been out for 2 weeks and nobody has been able to catch them.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Yes, do that. It definitely may help. You can take another cage outside, and put some treats in there so that if the birds hear your bird, they will go in the other cage for the food.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Do your friends know about the www.parrotalert.com website? If those birds have been out for 2 weeks they may have been rescued by someone, and they could have been listed as "found" birds on that site, so it's worth checking. Whoever lost them can also place a listing for them too. Also check with all local vet clinics, not just avian ones, as birds are regularly handed in and may end up being passed on to animal control or local equivalent.

Hoping these little ones are ok and can be returned to their family🙏❤️

Most Reactions

Latest posts