birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
Soo Misty my obsessive egg laying teil layed her first egg of the new year! what will I do with her? :confused: :( :confused: the last couple of times she has been less and less protective of her eggs wasn't even sitting on this one that had only been there a few hours but she is absolutly determined to lay! AHHHhhhh! lol open to any advice I wish you could get them spayed just as easily as dogs.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Maybe I could borrow Misty, Leo my teil has now laid 3 eggs, but will not sit on them at all. As yet still no luck, we've only got a little longer to go before I'm gonna have to take them out. :(

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
No. 4 here, she doesn't look as though she's got anymore, but she's got a couple of days left, then I'll have to take them out.

When Misty lays will she sit on them, or does she totally ignore them.

Just read your post again, so ignore the last question. As to any advise you are doing the right thing by removing them and the only thing. Wish Leo would sit on hers.

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
Atleast you guys know what your tiels sex are! I have no idea, didnt really care until Rolie started climbing into the food dish and making funny noises, its kinda cute! It dont matter what sex he/she is as long as there are no eggs, im happy!!!:D

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
long as there are no eggs, im happy!!!

Knock on wood :p

Ok, I have to ask, what do you guys do with the eggs once you remove them? Wait, one better for me, explain the whole process; like when and why. I would hardly think they anything like my farm fowl and could just take them away with out them caring; although the with ducks you had to make sure you had jeans on :eek: ow

So, I know I don't have to deal with that, well at least there is a 50/50 chance I won't in a couple years, But I am yearning for some learning (ya I know corny) :p

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Leo doesn't care what I do with the eggs, she just looks at me as if to say "Aint I clever", if only she was clever enough to sit on the things. :(

When I take them out I just throw them away, there is no way anything would come of it, as I leave them until the last possible moment. She usually lays between 3/4 (but they can have up to 6 :eek: ) They won't lay on the first one until she has about 3 laid, (well she hasn't sat on one yet) After the third egg has been laid we then have a day/two before it is no good.

So far the bourkes have been sitting on it, but don't think they are staying on it long enough, now have to get it out and Harley is a different matter, she is very posessive over the thing.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Atleast you guys know what your tiels sex are! I have no idea, didnt really care until Rolie started climbing into the food dish and making funny noises, its kinda cute! It dont matter what sex he/she is as long as there are no eggs, im happy!!!:D

Hi there wilma, all of our guys have turned out to be male and female, we didn't intend it that way its just the way it turned out. Just have to hope they don't all decide to lay. :eek:
Tiels, Bourkes, Linnies, Rosellas and red rump. Flynnies won't be any good as she's on her own, but if all the others decided to lay I bet thats when they would all hatch out.

OP
birdcrazy

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
well if we get through tonight without an egg it will be great it doesn't look like she has one but you can never be positive the first tim i tried to just take it away as soon as she layed it cuz i tried everything and figured i didn't have anything to lose that time she fought me for them but i still took them away and she only layed 3 as opposed to her usual 9 this tim i take them away as soon as possible and she never even set on them not aggressive at all like normal and it's been almost two days and she's only layed 2! I'm soo excited everybody says NOT to take them away and i'm sure thats true for some birds but i think i just might have found away to control this also she hasn't held her poop till she's out of the cage like normal it's great!!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts