At a loss with plans going forward

TenthDoctor34

Mar 13, 2022
New Zealand
Parrots
Dipsey and Charlie the cockatiels
Dipsey so far not giving much of a care he alone as he getting extra love and attention and still singing and eating. I mean he was jealous and never really liked sharing and would choose violence to new members when had the flock. This bird be a brat. Like actually shed blood violence to point of me rehoming 3 tiels that he wouldn't leave alone. One he had caused to become stressed enough to have bald neck. o.o; I hated re-homing them when I did. But for their health and happiness I had to. They were aviary birds so had no bond with me. But at same time Dipsey still used to growing up around other birds.
Part me feels maybe he should have a friend, but at same time have problems with my parents not letting me. Like I am 30 year old adult with own money and always put all my time and energy into my birds . My parents never had to do a thing bar drive me to vets.
I mean sister who vet nurse said he probably be fine. I watching him closely though.
Just had him 20yrs and rehoming him would upset him more I think (even if mum was first one to jump down my throat about should rehome him) He very bonded to me and my sister said not right to rehome him after 20yrs as this only home he known. I tried to suggest patio aviary on deck so he can be closer to house and that was a no,
Anyways new aviary be needed as this one so old and having issues with mice getting in and covered so many holes to point I not know where holes are now. My dad grumbled about me spending money and said I must like spending money. But like aviary so old I feel it unsafe now. I am not happy with keeping it, just searching around for options.
If could would bring him inside but my dog too fixated and dont know how to get her to leave him alone. Because telling her to leave it seems to razz her up more. I mean she seeing a trainer for some stuff related to impulse control on walks when see cats etc and lead pulling. So not sure if that discipline will help issue with Dipsey as she not listen.

380480608_6187057958067142_2320630650346945911_n.jpg

If parents weren't so complicated it be easier.. like everything when comes to the pets these days they make so hard. Working on getting better job, just no luck yet. Like everything is so hard when want to make own choices especially about my pets.. So I not even voice my true opinions anymore. Some things I just do anyway like choosing to keep my cat in if stormy and keeping her in at night. But adopting new birds is one thing I feel I can't just do.

Most Reactions

Latest posts