At the vets

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
First off, the vet is absolutely lovely . She is so sweet and reassuring and handled albie really nicely . We have a separate waiting room away from the dogs and cats .

He has to be sedated for his band removal as its stainless steel so while he's under ,he's being microchipped.

He's traveled ok , but did get sick going around the round abouts .

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Wishing you and Albe the very best. Hope everything goes smoothly and you have a safe trip back home with him! :)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
There's nothing like having a kind and caring vet that you can have confidence in, it's such an incredible asset! Give that sweet little man a big kiss for me, won't you! 😘 And safe travels on your way home :)

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Congratulations, you have a wonderful Avian Vet!!

Round about's are not logical, to a flyer, they involve directional changes they would not choose in flight, let alone, as part of a walk-a-about. They always inspire a 'look' from our Amazon, as he goes about his general comments on my lack of taking a direct path between two points.

So happy everything has gone so very well

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
There's nothing like having a kind and caring vet that you can have confidence in, it's such an incredible asset! Give that sweet little man a big kiss for me, won't you! 😘 And safe travels on your way home :)
I will do !

We are home safe and he's having snuggles right now. He's still a bit dopey from the sedation though .

And I got his nails done too

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Oh, I'm so glad everything went well. Great idea to have him chipped while he was under as well:)
It just made sense to do it at the same time .

That band needed to come off either way so when they said he needs sedation, I asked if it was possible and they said that they could do it .

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
The use of sedatives have become common place as the Clinic's insurance companies are requiring it, especially with avian care. Sad, but it is the World we live-in.
So is signing your life away In consent forms to say you agree to and understand all and any risk associated with said procedures .

But he's worth it and at £117 ,I feel like I got an absolute steal for an exotic consultation, sedation, band removal,nail trimming and dreml and microchipping . I was honestly expecting double easily (but then.... I was basing it off a 7kg dog sedation for removing a torn dew claw)

Most Reactions

Latest posts