Aziza's New Cage:

miki

Jun 26, 2014
Hi, everybody! I'm back, after a long hiatus, and glad to be back, as well.

2 weeks ago, after my Sunday noontime TKD Cardio/kicking class in Cambridge, MA, not far from where I live, I drove down to Bird & Reptile Connection, in East Walpole, MA, to purchase some supplies (i. e. toys and food) for my now almost 13-year-old Congo African Grey Parrot, Aziza, whom I'd purchased at Bird & Reptile Connection back in April of 2010, when she was just a 2.5 month old baby. She'll be 13 years old on February 1st, 2023. Wow!! She'll be a teenager!

I saw a beautiful-looking cage that was pretty close to the color of the cage that I had, and was the same size (i. e. 33" in Width, by 23" in depth). Since the type of cage that I had is no longer being made, and I had some problems with it, I decided, after looking the new cage over, and finding out how it worked, that I would purchase it. It cost me roughly twice what I'd paid for the older cage over ten years ago, but I decided that it was worth it, and purchased the cage, after looking at it and finding out about it.

Afew days afterwards, the owner of the store and her husband came to my place and delivered the cage. I had them set the cage in the same area of my living room that I'd had the last cage set in, but I moved the cage so that it was not directly across from my smoke detector. Because the cage covers didn't fit over the new cage, due to a different kind of a play top, which was a 2-tiered play top, unlike the play top of the other cage,, I ordered 2 wrap-around covers for the new cage; one quilt one for the winter, and the other one a black twill (a combo of cotton and polyester) for the spring, summer, and fall. Since the new cage has a tray for the play top, I decided to put the play top tray on top of Aziza's new cage at night, and have wrap-around covers (both with her name embroidered on them in gold thread). I leave the tray to Aziza's cage play top off during the day, however, so that she'll get more light in the daytime. The place where I ordered the 2 covers for Aziza's new cage is called "Judy's Stuff", and it's located in Eureka, CA. There are all kinds of stuff, in addition to cage covers that one can purchase for their pet bird(s), as well. The website is as follows: JudysStuff.com. Hope I've been of some help here. If you're not sure, you can type in Judy's Stuff, Eureka, CA, and do either a google or a DuckDuckGo.com search..

I emailed the woman and said that I needed the covers ASAP, and she said that she'd try to get them done as fast as she could. In the meantime, however, I'm using a navy blue and black sheet cover, and an old comforter that I had when I had my twin bed to cover Aziza's cage at night, during the cold months, until the cage covers for the new cage that I ordered arrive. When the new covers arriver, I will launder the other 2 cage covers and give them to a friend and neighbor of mine to give to a friend who also has a smaller exotic bird.

At any rate, I"m looking forward to having the new cage covers for Aziza's new cage, which Aziza is adjusting to and liking more and more. Putting all of the same perches and toys that she had when she resided in her old cage has been very helpful, as well. Anyway, Take care. All the best. I'll be back to write here in the future.

Most Reactions

Latest posts