Babe the Macaw

lisamarie973

Sep 25, 2010
Bradenton, FL.
Parrots
Maui - Male CAG (my baby) (Mom's babies) KiKi - Sun Conure, Fred & Wilma - Fisher Lovebirds, Gully,Sweetie,Baby - Cockatiels, Mork & Mindy - Zebra Finches Luna,Sky,Jilly - Budgies 16 Gouldian Finches
Hi guys, SO, Ms Judy is heading over to my place on this coming up Saturday to meet me, my family and to see where her beloved Babe will be spending his days and nights for now on. Judy has decided that she would like for me to take Babe before the Holidays, as she seems to feel like waiting for the inevitable makes this harder for her. SO, once she's come to meet us personally, we will be making a trip to the other coast to pick up Babe, the following weekend!!!! So, on December 11th, we introduce Babe the B&G Macaw to his new family and his new digs. We are over joyed to be giving this gorgeous bird a new home and a new loving family. I only hope that we will be as good for Babe as Judy and her family has been for him.

OP
lisamarie973

lisamarie973

Sep 25, 2010
Bradenton, FL.
Parrots
Maui - Male CAG (my baby) (Mom's babies) KiKi - Sun Conure, Fred & Wilma - Fisher Lovebirds, Gully,Sweetie,Baby - Cockatiels, Mork & Mindy - Zebra Finches Luna,Sky,Jilly - Budgies 16 Gouldian Finches
Yes, I am quite excited. I had some reservations in the beginning, but, now I am sure that we are the right people for Babe. I feel like I've known his current guardian forever and she feels the same about me. I know I have what it takes to be an excellent caregiver and friend to Babe, so my reservations weren't because of a lack of confidence there, but, more so a concern for Babe, that he will adjust eventually and not stay in a grieving state over losing Judy from his life. :( I know that TIME is the only way it will get better for Babe. Just TIME and lots of LOVE and ATTENTION, which I can certainly handle. :)

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
I know you will be a terrific guardian to Babe, you have proved it already over and over again Lisa.
Sure there are going to be sad times, he will also need time to grieve, just as we humans do.
Knowing you will be there for him, each step of the way, is as sure guarantee.

OP
lisamarie973

lisamarie973

Sep 25, 2010
Bradenton, FL.
Parrots
Aw, Thank you so much for such kind and sweet words, Ant. I really feel horrible for what Babe is going to have to go through. It just breaks my heart for him, but, you're right, I will be there for him 100% and he will eventually come to love us as much as we already love him!

Pheonix Rising

Oct 9, 2010
New Zealand
Parrots
Pheonix-Alexandrine parrot
1 September 2010
mikki- barrarand x king parrot
21yrs young ;)
Great one Lisa soooo happy for you
super exciting
I know babe will love you and be eternaly thankful for the love you give him

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
This is so exciting. I'm sure you're going to make this as easy for Babe as it can be. Good luck and let us know if we can do anything.

OP
lisamarie973

lisamarie973

Sep 25, 2010
Bradenton, FL.
Parrots
Aww, You guys are the sweetest!! You know I will be on here for moral support from you all and I'm sure with loads of questions for all of you Macaw or any other large bird guardians.

Chris Winkler

Oct 8, 2010
Media
NW Pennsylvania
Parrots
Echo TAG,
Kodak Wt Face Tiel &
Tobi Male Ekkie
OH how exciting and wonderful for you and your flock! Can't wait to see pics of her as soon as you have them. It will take a few months or longer for her to adjust but the reward for everyone will be so worth the time invested!

miss-A

Dec 4, 2010
Media
belfast, northern ireland
Parrots
Alexandrine, Archie & Blue and Gold Macaw Vincent & blue fronted amazon, lewis
wow how exciting i remember waiting on our macaw coming to live with us, we were like two little kids waiting on santa! but what a bird he is we couldnt in our wildest dreams have ever imagined how amazing he would be. Cant wait to hear how you get on with him

Most Reactions

Latest posts