Baby conure wants attention?

Fauna

Dec 12, 2023
Parrots
Pineapple conure- Tiago
Two budgies- Edith & Azalea
I posted something not too long ago asking about my birds biting habits, but now im trying to figure out what my lil guy is trying to accomplish lol! hes a 6 month old pineapple conure named Tiago and whenever i walk into the room he’ll make these super cute and soft squawking noise and whenever i keep his cage open for him to do his thing, he’ll squawk at me and squat down like he wants to jump to me, and bob his head. the lil guy had his wings clipped and probably never learned to fly :(

Attachments

• IMG_8789.jpeg
    IMG_8789.jpeg
    296.5 KB · Views: 12

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I posted something not too long ago asking about my birds biting habits, but now im trying to figure out what my lil guy is trying to accomplish lol! hes a 6 month old pineapple conure named Tiago and whenever i walk into the room he’ll make these super cute and soft squawking noise and whenever i keep his cage open for him to do his thing, he’ll squawk at me and squat down like he wants to jump to me, and bob his head. the lil guy had his wings clipped and probably never learned to fly :(
Are you going to let his wings grow back so he can learn to fly? I heard that if they don't learn to fly when they're young they may never learn.

OP
Fauna

Fauna

Dec 12, 2023
Parrots
Pineapple conure- Tiago
Two budgies- Edith & Azalea
Are you going to let his wings grow back so he can learn to fly? I heard that if they don't learn to fly when they're young they may never learn.
yes! ill be letting him grow back:)

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Definitely sounds like he wants to go to you! They tend to "bob" toward what they want to go to - even if they can fly. My Ona bobs all the time at things she wants us to take her to. How cute!

Most Reactions

Latest posts