birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
i was wondering what I can mix up to feed dasiy. she is eating her pellets but still begging to be hand fed so I was going to make a little mash for her to see if she like that as well so I can fatten her up a bit. thanks

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Healthy carbs should fatten her up ... whole wheat pasta, brown rice, whole grain breads ... that kind of stuff ... you know, the stuff you try to stay away from when you are trying to loose weight.

OP
birdcrazy

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
gotcha she is eating fine but I won't be able to really relax until she fattens up a bit. Sidney was the same way but with his appetite for pecans he fattened up real quick.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
you said, pecans ... you can add almonds to that list as well ... Ham will do anything for an almond.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Kito isn't interested in his formula anymore so what I've been doing is making some veggies and mashing them all up together even added a few pellets, nuts etc etc. He loves it.

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Sisqo & GiGi-DYH & BF Amazons

Snow & Blue-Budgies
You can also try some real baby food. It's already mashed up and it costs like $.39 a jar. I keep a few jars around for whenever I'm in a rush and can't cook properly for him. I always mix it with other stuff though. It might be good for daisy though, considering that it's all mushy.

Be warned...some of them smell really gross though.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
You can also try some real baby food. It's already mashed up and it costs like $.39 a jar. I keep a few jars around for whenever I'm in a rush and can't cook properly for him. I always mix it with other stuff though. It might be good for daisy though, considering that it's all mushy.

Be warned...some of them smell really gross though.

Ya know, I have tried this with Ham ... he won't touch the stuff ... even if I get the kind with veggies that he really likes ... peas, greenbeans, sweet potatos ... he wants nothing to do with 'em

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yeah got one for Kito, but he wouldn't touch the stuff. Bucc on the other hand ate every last bit and even licked to jar out. :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts