Baby's First "Independent" Bath (video)

Jaime1215

Sep 9, 2017
Mobile, Alabama
Parrots
Blue Quaker hatched 6/3/17
Hey everyone!!

I had to share my proud mama moment! Percy showed zero interest in bath time before yesterday. We tried luke warm water in the sink, showers, Pyrex pie pan, he was not having any part of it. He did enjoy water being "flicked" at him from a birdie bath type thing.

Yesterday, he decided the cold water (from fridge dispenser) in his "big boy" water bowl was his ideal bath temperature and location. I was so happy to have caught this on video!! (Yes, the water bowl was switched out immediately).

Hope you enjoy this as much as I (and apparently Percy) did!!

[ame="https://youtu.be/iuMRJ2dsHEI"]Splash Splash Percy's Taking a Bath - YouTube[/ame]

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Watching a young Parrot take its first bath is always a joy in both the seeing it and watching them really get into it, and their off-balanced efforts.

Thanks for sharing your joy!!!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Bravo Percy! Such a big boy already and fiercely independent, true quaker. Thanks for sharing your adorable video.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Yeppers! Awesome job Percy!!

Same thing with BB..no matter what I did or how I did it,he would NOT take a bath.
Then one day,not too long ago,he was in the kitchen sink,as I trickled water from the faucet onto my fingers then unto him. He stopped and shoke his arms a bit. I filled a coffee mug with luke warm water,and chased him around the sink. He stopped running in circles,opened his arms wide,and face planted himself to the sink,waving his arms frantically and actually ROLLING around in the sink lol.
He got soaked and thoroughly enjoyed himself. It will be bath time very soon and I'm going to try my darndest to get a vid of him this time lol.

Well done mom and percey lol

Jim

Most Reactions