Bedtime issues with GCC

Zazu12304

Jun 5, 2019
Media
Parrots
Zazu the Green Cheek Conure
Hi there. I have had my green cheek conure for a little over two years now (she?s four years old) and love her so much. The problem is that she doesn?t really sleep. Bedtime is always between 9 and 9:30, and I wake her up between 8:30 and 9 every day. When I put her to bed I cover her cage and then turn out my lights after they were dimmed for a little bit before bed (we share the same room). She then goes around her cage and makes this noise with her beak blighting the cage and making the cage bars ring over and over. I?ve tried many things of just waiting it out and just ignore her, but she has had nights where she?s done this for 30-40 minutes (one time for an hour) I?ve had to sleep out in the living room a handful of times because she won?t stop. After making it through that dreadful night of noise if you dare make any small movement outside or inside my room she starts making those noises again or sometimes even starts ?screaming?. Every now and then in the morning she will just suddenly decide she is awake and it could be 5:30-6 in the morning and she?ll start making noises. Bedtime is extremely difficult with her and I have tried a lot of different things to help this. She wasn?t like this when I first got her, but as she warmed up to me more she started making that biting the cage noise on he cage at night (it?s extremely loud too). What should I do? I can?t move her into any other room because we have a cat and the only other room in this house that would be able to have her cage is my sister?s room (who is moving out soon). The problem is that that is the cat?s room and she stays in there a majority of the day and night. The only room I?m able to keep her cage is mine. Please help, how do I get these noises to end? She won?t stop :(

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Darn, that has got to be tough to sleep through! I have one conure that doesn’t like being completely covered and makes a racket. Have you tried partially covering her but allowing her to see out on the side that you are?

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
There seems to be only one answer. A good set of ear-plugs.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Tired parrots sleep. Maybe she needs more out of cage exercise, maybe a lot more.

Most Reactions

Latest posts