Bigger parrots do funny things, Budgies are just hilarious...change my mind.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
My bigger parrots do funny things, lots of funny things; but just watching the budgies is just the funniest thing. Their movements are always warp speed, then immediate stop. Their interaction with the next budgie or parrot is like rolling a dungeons and dragons dice. Their chirps are so chirpy and happy, always chirps, never derps.

Even their walk, if not especially their walk is so good.

They are simply a hilarious joy to own. 😂

CosiGirl

Apr 2, 2022
Parrots
Budgie
I have only been a bird owner since March of this year. Our little budgie Cozy has brought so much joy and laughter into our home during a very dark life season. Everything from her bossy chirps/screeches (she likes to think she’s in charge sometimes - when she gets this way, we call her Rancor), to hearing the pitter patter of her little feet running around in the bottom of her cage, to watching her do flips around her perches, make me laugh so hard. Budgies are the besttttt!!!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
“If I wanted to hear the pitter- patter of little feet, I’d put shoes on my…bird.”

Last edited:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Budgies live in the here and now!!
The really big Parrots will entertain a discussion regarding the frailties of String Theory. A joy when daydreaming can be enjoyed and a true pain when a hangover is at hand.
To your point, not really sure what or where the next size are up from Budgies are enjoying.
Clearly you are on to something there!!

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
They also mimic the bigger parrots and LOVE broccoli and cauliflower now. Cuteness and random antics.

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
Smaller birds are so graceful, and so precise with every movement/interaction. If you want to see the opposite meet my Ekkie. He is the sloth of all birds. Even his eating takes forever. There is no rushing him, or you are getting screamed at. Not to mention how clumsy he is. Showers that should take 2 minutes take 10! We will never call Nico a morning bird. He’s the grinch of all mornings. I could go on and on because I have 2 parrots at the opposite end of each other in every aspect.

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
So....

I've been working with them, and during they day they are all excited ...but at night some of the budgies let me pet them.

I LOVE PETTING BUDGIES!
I LOVE PETTING BUDGIES!
I LOVE PETTING BUDGIES!
I LOVE PETTING BUDGIES!
I LOVE PETTING BUDGIES!

They don't cuddle like the bigger birds but you can just pet them and it's getting better. Just takes time. Sometimes they start to nibble then its like oh nvm, continue hooman.

Most Reactions