so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Bingo has been holding a grudge ever since I took him to the vet.
It’s been making spending more time with him difficult.
Never seen him hold a grudge this long. Normally it’s a week at most. But the vet cut his claws short and square and he can’t hold on well for shoulder surfing or taking a shower.
This morning we had a good cuddle, resting against my cheek and groomed my eye brows.

I have some video of him getting carried away chewing on a feather that came loose.

It’s like a zen kind of thing for him. Like the book “Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance “. You get so absorbed, so into something that everything else just goes away. Reading does it for me sometimes.
For Bingo it has become chewing on feathers.

Texsize.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Hmm, need to talk to the Vet regarding Bingo opinion of s/he's ability to proper trim his nails! :D

Congratulations on being 'okay' again, well at least for a short period of time! :D

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Amazing how they tailor make the "punishment" to type of "crime." Hope that's all in the rear view mirror now!!

OP
texsize

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
This is the video I took of Bingo chewing on a feather.
Unfortunately I had not realized how noisy the twins were being. I think they were tearing apart a paper plate.
It’s the errrr errrr noises of Bingo and the blissful concentration on the job at hand that I wanted to emphasize.

[ame="https://youtu.be/HhHuucDfvWg"]Zen feather - YouTube[/ame]

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
AS mentioned before...Amy is an odd ball. He knows Doc Kristin well and tolerates being toweled to be groomed. Once in the car if he is in his carrier he's hanging upside down mumbling in amazon speak and at home all is good with the world...

Jim

Most Reactions