Birb smoothies?

Calculations

Aug 30, 2021
Media
Parrots
I have a budgie I've considered a teil in the future but it won't be anytime soon I'd like to gain more experience before I get any more birds.
My budgie won't eat veggies even if you chop them up to look like seeds or mix them into the seeds. Even letting them set in the cage she won't eat them.
So what I've done is i took some water (No dairy) and some fresh veggies put them in a food processer and make her a bird-safe smoothie. It works however iv'e been wanting to take her of her smoothies and get her to eat the fruits normally. Any advice? Or should i just keep it how it is? thanks :)

Please note: Ticks and tips into convincing birds it's not veggies have always been the best with her. But I'm out of ideas. also she sometimes does but its mostly flinging them out,.

Last edited:
OP
Calculations

Calculations

Aug 30, 2021
Media
Parrots
I have a budgie I've considered a teil in the future but it won't be anytime soon I'd like to gain more experience before I get any more birds.
Hmmmm .. well that didn't work. Okay, the pic I wanted to post is in the 5th Batch 8th image from bott
It should be this button if you have it?

Attachments

• ffff.PNG
    ffff.PNG
    14.4 KB · Views: 97

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Hmmmm .. well that didn't work. Okay, the pic I wanted to post is in the 5th Batch 8th image from bottom.
This gorgeous pic of Levi enjoying green smoothie? I right-clicked on image from gallery, selected "Copy Image Link" and transferred to quoted post.

Insertion:
1- Click photo box to left of smiley icon.
2- Insertion box opens, click link (double chain) icon.
3- Paste copied image link into open box, click "INSERT."
Be advised this "chain" link has different function than icon to left of photo box!

user30774_pic21062_1548347199-jpg.30156

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
My budgie won't eat veggies even if you chop them up to look like seeds or mix them into the seeds. Even letting them set in the cage she won't eat them.
So what I've done is i took some water (No dairy) and some fresh veggies put them in a food processer and make her a bird-safe smoothie. It works however iv'e been wanting to take her of her smoothies and get her to eat the fruits normally. Any advice? Or should i just keep it how it is? thanks :)

Please note: Ticks and tips into convincing birds it's not veggies have always been the best with her. But I'm out of ideas. also she sometimes does but its mostly flinging them out,.
Have you tried the "chop challenge?" Prepare two identical bowls of chop, offer one to your budgie. Begin eating yours, bob your head in delight, make "mmmm" sounds. Birds are flock eaters and you are one of the flock!

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
This gorgeous pic of Levi enjoying green smoothie? I right-clicked on image from gallery, selected "Copy Image Link" and transferred to quoted post.

Insertion:
1- Click photo box to left of smiley icon.
2- Insertion box opens, click link (double chain) icon.
3- Paste copied image link into open box, click "INSERT."
Be advised this "chain" link has different function than icon to left of photo box!

user30774_pic21062_1548347199-jpg.30156
Thank you so much, my friend! πŸ’ž

OP
Calculations

Calculations

Aug 30, 2021
Media
Parrots
Have you tried the "chop challenge?" Prepare two identical bowls of chop, offer one to your budgie. Begin eating yours, bob your head in delight, make "mmmm" sounds. Birds are flock eaters and you are one of the flock!
Yep i've tried this i actually went out and bought a food processer for this reason. And its just smoothies. Which is fine i guess nobodys stated otherwise? But i do wish i could get her on some solid stuff it can be a waste doing it with smoothes. And i dont know how long food like that lasts so i dont go over 2 days. I also tried the food in bath water suggestion and no results.

Most Reactions

Latest posts