Bird Band code UAE

PFipp

Apr 14, 2023
Parrots
Sun Conure
I have a Sun Conure with brass ring starting in"RD" - Is anyone familiar with this breeder or vet?

I am in Abu Dhabi but I don't know the origin of the bird so could also be Dubai

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Parrots are rare in Dubai and there is limited knowledge outside other than individuals like yourself that lives there. Question the individual that you purchased the Parrot from. If that individual will even talk to you! If you are lucky, also ask where they get Parrot Vet care at. The Avian Vets in your country seem to provide services only to the Bird of Prey group.

I hope that has changed.

OP
P

PFipp

Apr 14, 2023
Parrots
Sun Conure
Thanks. That’s too bad. I’m just trying to help this one find its way home. It seems well loved so I’m sure it is missed.

Attachments

• C79FCE12-8A62-4EE7-B6ED-99D67444CA19.jpeg
    C79FCE12-8A62-4EE7-B6ED-99D67444CA19.jpeg
    307.7 KB · Views: 29

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Thank you so much for trying to help reunite this gorgeous baby with his person. Perhaps check with vets in the area to see if they have a client that has lost him, or maybe have a record of a bird with that band number.

You can put out flyers, or post on social media, but don't post anything about the band. The rightful owner should be able to provide some kind of matching information to prove ownership. Beware of scammers looking for a free bird that isn't theirs.

Good luck, I hope you can find his person. You're right, someone is surely missing him.

Most Reactions

Latest posts